Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #241
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
^ You can not even see which way your dang ball broke because of the camera?

Crybaby? Really? Tell me how it feels missing two putts in a row because you can't see how you misread the green the first time bud.
Ever hear of putt preview dude? If your playing on sim mode you have a valid arguement. Camera is not much on an issue their are bigger problems with this game that need to be addressed first. I for one am not touching career mode until the cut line problem is gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #242
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

wow... full on Sim mode about my third round out with rory against Tiger in a quick tourney....

shot a 93!

played just like real life, had some good holes a couple great and some blow ups (several OBs on bad swings) . that is what is so realistic is you can make one small miscalculation and it costs you.

also am starting to see the idea behind the TCS, rather than backswing distance. Once I start to get the feel for all the minor adjustments I can make, I see how the tempo and stroke really affect the result. So on the whole it may be more realistic than simply the backswing distance. (as realistic as you can get electronically)

Would love to see an option for backswing and face open and close though.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #243
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I for one am not touching career mode until the cut line problem is gone.
It is being investigated along with a host of other issues. Below are threads where Sean commented on patch updates today....they are working on quite a few things.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9396331.page

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9401262.page

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9401539.page

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9401588.page

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #244
Rookie

OVR: 0

anyone know of a way to unlock the other legends without going through the legends mode?

I haven't created a golfer and don't really play the game that way, but I'd really like to use the other legends. Is there an end run around having to play the mode to unlock them?
Old 03-28-2013, 05:15 AM   #245
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Is there anywhere in the game where you can see your stats on each course? I enjoyed that feature in the game last year and I'm not sure if I'm just overlooking it or if it was taken away this time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #246
Rookie

OVR: 0

In recent times, I played TW07, 12, and preordered the Masters HE after downloading the demo on a whim.

First, the bad: I had played exclusively on the 360 in the past, but went over to the PS3 to play with friends. Loading times are torturous, but you slowly get used to them. I would have happily paid $10 more to get the digital version and the HE upgrade if it cuts back on loading times off the disc (if that's even the case...)

The putting cam can be a pain, and I'm glad there is a patch in the works to return to the demo's version of it. It's not gamebreaking for me, but it doesn't make sense.

I've found at least one error, with the caddie book showing me the wrong hole (TPC Boston, #13 I think). Pretty important if you're playing pure sim mode.

It would be nice to see what upgrades I just unlocked by leveling up all in one place, as opposed to having to go through each category and filtering unlocked items. Especially since each time you switch, there's a delay of a second or two.

The good: Full Sim mode is a blast to play, and it mimics real life golf. You need to be able to accurately assess your condition and lie, pick your shot, and stay focused. And, just like real golf, it's good to have and know your miss, because you will miss. Playing on Tournament conditions from the tips, medium pins, medium rough, I have only broken 80 once in six rounds (77 at the new Pinehurst). Shot 86 in windy conditions at County Down, and 85 at Bethpage, and it was fun. When you save par from the rough or from under the trees, or hit one to 8 feet and make an outside-the-edge putt for birdie, it is so rewarding.

I haven't started career mode yet. I want to level up a bit more (only at 14 or so now), and wait for the patch to squash those nasty cut line/results bugs I'm reading about. But I am getting my money's worth just popping out for practice rounds and playing dress-up with my CAG for now.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #247
Rookie

Barto's Arena

OVR: 3

I played my first couple rounds last night both on the US Amateur and CC Bushwood at Muirfield. I shot a +3 at the US Open @ Pinehurst and a +12 at Muirfield (my first tournament using the sim settings).

Overall, the game is awesome. I love all of the new bells and whistles this game has. My only gripes would be:

1. Putt follow cam as countless others have complained about.
2. Banners w/ Stats and help information being displayed over the ball/putter, so i can't see my putt as i hit the ball
3. I don't care for how the putter is lined up behind the ball before you make the stroke.
4. I noticed that so far, none of my rounds have had any commentary. I'm not sure if i need to adjust the gameplay settings or not.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #248
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Is there anywhere in the game where you can see your stats on each course? I enjoyed that feature in the game last year and I'm not sure if I'm just overlooking it or if it was taken away this time.
GREAT question...I too miss those particular stats.

I'm a level 22 now and trying to make the US Open in career mode lol. I have played five rounds in my CC as well.

Loving this game so far. The presentation this year even in the CC's is outstanding, with tons of stat overlays to see how you're shaping up against other members as you play. I love the colors and fonts of the menus and overlays, gone is that annoying yellow from last year..no more squinting! It all looks very professional this time.

I have the game installed, and loading times are very swift compared to past TW games. When you add up 18 holes of fast loading, it actually has an impact on your total playing time for a round, which means I can get more rounds in a session.

Graphics and sounds are nice...I've really been liking their music choices this year and last year. Good, classy, chill golf music, great to get you in the mood for a relaxing round of hitting your ball in the sand

Gameplay and level of challenge with Sim difficulty is amazing. As good as TW11 was for feeling realistic, this game takes a big step forward this year in gameplay. It feels like I'm really out there, and has been said here, every bad shot is on you for not executing. I like that putting is a bit less touchy this year; it's hard enough just to get to the green (but in a good way).

Great game, and a patch forthcoming to resolve some issues will be welcome so I can go full-steam w/career mode. If the patch does it's job, this could get a 9/10 from me.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »