Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #113
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferweezy
Did a franchise sim. The spring training regress has been fixed. Old guys attributes still fall off the earth during the regular season, which I still don't like at all. The strike out numbers are still low for strike out dominate pitchers. These little things still ruin the franchise for me.

On the gameplay front. The stutter seems to be gone after one game which is great.
If that's the case, I will be very disappointed.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 03-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #114
Rookie

Ferweezy's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoezz
seems logical for contact to drop too..slower bat speed = less contact.

does every single category see regression in those over 34 or so?
Victor Martinez who is 34, Drops but doesn't drop dramatically. He starts at 85 rating and becomes a 80 at season end. Oh Joakhim Benoît Who's 35, start off at a 90, falls all the way to a 80 at season end. Octavio Dotel starts a 87 drops to a 70. That bothers me. Thier velocity goes way down. It's not realistic for that to happen during the season unless he injured his arm somehow. Some of the best set up man and closers are over 35. Mariano Rivera was dominating the game these age.

I understand not every pitcher can pitch like that age at a high-level. But every single player over 35 pitcher or ballplayer shouldn't drop that much. There should be some players that can play at 35 or 40 At a high level. Heck Jamie Moyer even won a game last year at the age of 50. In the show he probably would've been a 20 ovr. One thing older players have is experience and the mental game over the younger players. That should be set taken advantage of.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #115
Pro

OVR: 6

Just simmed a season and there were four pitchers in the AL and four pitchers in the NL over 200 K's.

Darvish- 275
Sale- 207
Verlander- 201
Johnson- 200

Strasburg- 256
Gallardo- 224
Gonzalez- 213
Kershaw- 212

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #116
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Victor Martinez who is 34, Drops but doesn't drop dramatically. He starts at 85 rating and becomes a 80 at season end. Oh Joakhim Benoît Who's 35, start off at a 90, falls all the way to a 80 at season end. Octavio Dotel starts a 87 drops to a 70. That bothers me. Thier velocity goes way down. It's not realistic for that to happen during the season unless he injured his arm somehow. Some of the best set up man and closers are over 35. Mariano Rivera was dominating the game these age.

I understand not every pitcher can pitch like that age at a high-level. But every single player over 35 pitcher or ballplayer shouldn't drop that much. There should be some players that can play at 35 or 40 At a high level. Heck Jamie Moyer even won a game last year at the age of 50. In the show he probably would've been a 20 ovr. One thing older players have is experience and the mental game over the younger players. That should be set taken advantage of.
And if SCEA would have never gone with number ratings, no one would have even noticed this. Are these players stats dropping also, or are they still playing at a high-level? That should be the real question, not that an overall number dropped.

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #117
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 13 Title update 1.18 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson88
ERRR...I wish you guys had a patch to make the Rockies NOT finish last in the NL West. Poor Rockie fan.
You can say that again...
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #118
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
And if SCEA would have never gone with number ratings, no one would have even noticed this. Are these players stats dropping also, or are they still playing at a high-level? That should be the real question, not that an overall number dropped.
Yeah that's the real key is how the players perform, not the overall number.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 0

seems like they just made no regression in spring and kept the logic the same for the season.

Age 34 will drop 5-6 points during the season, age 35 will drop 10-15, and 36 and older drops 15+. at that point they're in the minors or retired.

I don't mind that so much, as more players than not take a dive in their mid 30's, but it should be random -- to where some players (maybe 10%) age 34-36 may not regress at all during the season.

Quote:

Old 03-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #120
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
Just simmed a season and there were four pitchers in the AL and four pitchers in the NL over 200 K's.

Darvish- 275
Sale- 207
Verlander- 201
Johnson- 200

Strasburg- 256
Gallardo- 224
Gonzalez- 213
Kershaw- 212
That doesn't look horrible. The top end is fine, if not overdone (the league leaders had 239 and 230 last season). So there might be too few with 200, but 4 of the 11 who had over 200 in real life last season had fewer than 210, (aka just barely got there). I can actually live with the numbers you posted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »