Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #57
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It means the menu option that lets you skip innings. It also includes the time when your player isn't active during RTTS.

Basically, anytime you're looking at the screen with the diamond view, lineups and the scrolling summary of what's going on, that's fast-forwarding. Obviously, a bug like this would have a large impact on RTTS, as it hits whenever the game comes out of that screen to let your player do his thing.
So that means its not fixed for exhibition right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-26-2013, 04:01 AM   #58
Rookie

Aschulz484's Arena

OVR: 4
No one should ever complain about this game or this company. Good job with doing what you guys can. I will say and not that I care because I don't use them but on theshownation bug report page someone said something about toronto's seats being the wrong color and they said something about not being able to do it or something and well look at that, its in the patch.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-26-2013, 04:16 AM   #59
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB 13 Title update 1.18 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
So that means its not fixed for exhibition right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Obviously there's no way to know that until we actually play it. But the whole first pitch thing was tested by people on this board, primarily by observing the first pitch of an inning and then fast-forwarding to the next inning. That would cause this bug to show up nearly every time (that 90%). Most of those were probably exhibition games...is it possible that's where the thought of exhibition games having this bug came from?

Personally, I've played a ton of full games without any fast-forwarding, and I haven't received a whole lot of fastballs down the middle in those. I did see the issue when I was fast-forwarding, though. But I don't want to get into that, because we all see different things (take the stutter thing, for example).

If this doesn't completely kill it, I do think it'll be way less noticeable now - enough to give some pause about swinging on that first pitch every time.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #60
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Question Re: MLB 13 Title update 1.18 Fix List

This sounds great but what about a Vita Title update?

Last edited by geisterhome; 03-26-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:52 AM   #61
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
I was very critical with SCEA in the past few days, but I have to admit, that this was a great response from the devs. 21 days after release here comes the patch, and finally I will be able to play games, now the stutter is gone...

However I still do think, that the stutter problem was an elementary error from the developers, because they did not test game game on different PS3 hardwares, as Ramone had admitted... (I'm sure they will in the future) I'm not a big programmer, but I used to write web pages in the past, and the first thing I did was testing the web page on the 4 most used web browsers.

So, in the end a big THANK YOU goes to the DEV team, and I'm sorry if I have offended you in the past few days, I was really upset...

Great to see you had the courtesy to apologise even though still having a dig. I thought you had quit the boards?

Remember in the future, patience is a virtue.

Anyway thanks SCEA as always you never fail to disappoint and the turnaround is spectacular. Hope you guys get a brief holiday now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #62
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB 13 Title update 1.18 Fix List

Now lets all cross our fingers this patch fixes all these issues for most of us and that it doesn't break anything else
Old 03-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #63
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

My three major issues so far with the game and what would have held me back from starting a franchise...

a: the pitch stutter - FIXED
b: franchise stats out of whack - FIXED
c: first pitch meatballs - FIXED

That, my learned friends, is why, whatever bugs the game may ship with (and they all do to some extent), you should NEVER doubt SCEA knows, responds and will always sort it.

The top developer in the sports genre bar none.

Now, just OSFM to wait for and its Franchise ahoy!

Thanks a lot Ramone and indeed all the devs, the speed at which you have got these critical fixes out i.e before Opening Day, is nothing short of astonishing.

Cheers!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #64
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
My three major issues so far with the game and what would have held me back from starting a franchise...

a: the pitch stutter - FIXED
b: franchise stats out of whack - FIXED
c: first pitch meatballs - FIXED

That, my learned friends, is why, whatever bugs the game may ship with (and they all do to some extent), you should NEVER doubt SCEA knows, responds and will always sort it.

The top developer in the sports genre bar none.

Now, just OSFM to wait for and its Franchise ahoy!

Thanks a lot Ramone and indeed all the devs, the speed at which you have got these critical fixes out i.e before Opening Day, is nothing short of astonishing.

Cheers!
Totally agreed!

So glad I can stop defending our great dev team now. There were a couple times since release day that I thought I might wind up getting banned over those discussions lol.

Anyway great job guys! Never doubted you for a second! Now just gotta get the OSFM done, and my favorite part of the year can begin!

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »