Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-25-2013, 01:26 AM   #113
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

As for the slow greens in putting, what I found in the demo is that it is basically metered putting all over again. That's why the greens seem slow, because the location of the aiming arrow (which everybody would put at the distance of the hole) determines the strength of the putt so you will be essentially hitting the same power stroke for a 5 footer as you would for a 25 footer if the arrow is always set at hole length for those respective putts.

My workaround is to place the aiming marker where you want it to go in direction and then place it about 20 feet beyond the hole as a house rule. This tends to loosen up the putting stroke where you get a better feel and speeds up the green and makes putting harder. Why they decided to go back to that type of arcade putting is beyond me. But I'm pretty sure this won't be patched, its a design decision. And some of these decisions are just baffling.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:30 AM   #114
Just started!

Aussie_Pr0d1gy's Arena

OVR: 0
Angry Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Hey are any of you guys Australian cause I have been trying to download the game and it keeps saying can't purchase because I already own the season ticket!! Like WTF lol
Old 03-25-2013, 03:10 AM   #115
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

I really am enjoying the game sofar. But I'm almost only playing career mode, because there are two issues that kill online play for me:

1. I won an online match against two players - one quitted after the first hole - and in the end it rates the game "lost" for me and puts my DNF up - although I won!?
2. I neither see the shot arcs of my fellow online partners, nor do I see them actually putting or anything - they're just standing on the green without doing anything. So it more or less feels like I'm playing on my own.

Are these known issues to you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #116
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody19
I really am enjoying the game sofar. But I'm almost only playing career mode, because there are two issues that kill online play for me:

1. I won an online match against two players - one quitted after the first hole - and in the end it rates the game "lost" for me and puts my DNF up - although I won!?
2. I neither see the shot arcs of my fellow online partners, nor do I see them actually putting or anything - they're just standing on the green without doing anything. So it more or less feels like I'm playing on my own.

Are these known issues to you?
Known issues that should be fixed server side ASAP. Thanks for your feedback.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #117
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootah66
are the camera angles on putting really that awful?
I think they give the game a black eye, in many cases... not always, but in my experience, probably 60 to 70% of putts of greater than ~10 feet. I think they deprive you of roll and break data that you should have been able to see from your golfer's point of view (or swing camera point of view to be more accurate) in real time. If you miss your long approach putt, there are many times when you can't tell which direction the ball broke, let alone how much it broke!?

The apologists for it say "well all you have to do is go back and watch a replay, select the swing camera replay angle, and see how it broke. (Sigh).... 1.) why should I have to consult a replay to see what I should have seen in real time?, 2.) this is unnecessarily busy and time consuming, 3.) replays are not an option at all in online multiplayer. I think they just got swept away with the TV Broadcast presentation theme and lost sight of the fact that we're playing the game as golfer's, not sending them commands and then sitting back and watching them play the game on TV.

The Executive Producer for the game, Sean Wilson, said over the weekend that they will explore the potential for making a stationary, swing camera angle camera perspective for putting while using Follow cam be the default production. There has been enough criticism of it to wake him up to how strong the sentiment is against the current presentation. Whether this is patchable or not, Sean can't say for sure, but I'm glad they're at least going to explore the possibility. This is a game killer for me, if they don't get the stationary putting camera option done in the form of a patch, I won't be buying this year.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #118
Pro

Taku's Arena

Seems like game determines player's result in competition when player finishes his round, for example if projected cut is at +4 and you play +5 you will miss the cut even if the cut goes down to +8 when cpu players finish their rounds.

Also it was mentioned at EA forums that same happens in final round, if you are in the lead when you finish your round weird things will happen when cpu players finish their rounds.

Temporary fix for these issues is to play only 1 round in competitions, I played one 18-hole competition and I was playing in the last group so there will be no simulation of scores after my round. You can adjust these settings in Career options. No need to restart your career to change competitions to last 1 round only.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #119
Pro

OVR: 33
Could anyone let me know how many players can play offline in Quick Tournament mode. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #120
MVP

donkey33's Arena

I just don't get it.

So no one at EA or whoever does QA played career mode to pick up on this glitch?

Huge head scratcher and I won't be touching it until that is patched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »