Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #665
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Last night I finished my game in a 3 user franchise and I was ready to set the controller down and tell my cousin it's his game. But wait ..

I recently completed a trade so I went down and made sure all the triple A line ups are set. New line ups with the prospect I received in the last trade. Noticed he did have 22 durability. No wonder he was so easy to get lol Two pitchers( Trevor Bauer and Tyler Skaggs ) in triple A were cold so they now in relief roles until that stops. Can't ruin those guys. progression and regression are real and dynamic now.

Scrolled to the scouting side I have my scouts jus do 1 guy at a time and 1 scout was finished so he needed someone to scout. Looked around and gave him someone to check on.And have someone ready for my next scout just ab finished with his prospect.

Glanced at the trade block and team statistics. It was a half hour later already. Franchise is alot more than game after game now. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #666
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

I just had the craziest thing happen. I'm the Mariners playing Houston, Felix on the mound. I throw the first pitch, really beautiful strike on the corner. Second pitch somehow gets away from me and hits the batter. Slightly unexpected, but manageable. Jose Altuve steps in, and the very next pitch hits him! He charged the mound, King Felix gets ejected 3 pitches into the game, and I had to bring in my long reliever lol.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #667
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
I just had the craziest thing happen. I'm the Mariners playing Houston, Felix on the mound. I throw the first pitch, really beautiful strike on the corner. Second pitch somehow gets away from me and hits the batter. Slightly unexpected, but manageable. Jose Altuve steps in, and the very next pitch hits him! He charged the mound, King Felix gets ejected 3 pitches into the game, and I had to bring in my long reliever lol.
I love that kind of stuff in my Franchises.

Now every time you face that team, you'll remember that moment and feel some sort of made up tension on the field.

It's those times where we fill in the blanks using our imaginations that makes this game so magical.

I'll never feel neutral when I face the Tigers in my Yankee's Franchises. They swept me in the ALCS in 12. I hate them just thinking about it! LOL!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #668
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I love that kind of stuff in my Franchises.

Now every time you face that team, you'll remember that moment and feel some sort of made up tension on the field.

It's those times where we fill in the blanks using our imaginations that makes this game so magical.

I'll never feel neutral when I face the Tigers in my Yankee's Franchises. They swept me in the ALCS in 12. I hate them just thinking about it! LOL!
Haha this why I can never restart a franchise. Saltalamachia lit me up last series. I am gunning for him now lol
Old 03-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #669
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Y'all think Josh Hamilton's bat is too short?...weird lol
Old 03-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #670
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

This probably counts as a "Little Thing" too... but I was playing at lunch (lol yeah, whenever, wherever) and I noticed now that on Jackie Robinson Day, the players' names are stripped from the back of the jerseys, no matter which set you pick! In the past you had to select a jersey that didn't have names in order for it to appear correctly.

Also, the Minute Maid jumbotron is almost spot on... it even has the player facts under their picture, just like real life i.e. "went 1-3 yesterday" or "leads the team in doubles" - good stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Y'all think Josh Hamilton's bat is too short?...weird lol
LOL!! This has to be the most unique question I've seen about the game! Now, of course, I will be looking extra hard whenever I face JH to see if I see it.

YouTube

Old 03-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #671
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
This probably counts as a "Little Thing" too... but I was playing at lunch (lol yeah, whenever, wherever) and I noticed now that on Jackie Robinson Day, the players' names are stripped from the back of the jerseys, no matter which set you pick! In the past you had to select a jersey that didn't have names in order for it to appear correctly.

Also, the Minute Maid jumbotron is almost spot on... it even has the player facts under their picture, just like real life i.e. "went 1-3 yesterday" or "leads the team in doubles" - good stuff

LOL!! This has to be the most unique question I've seen about the game! Now, of course, I will be looking extra hard whenever I face JH to see if I see it.
No shame in playing on your lunch break, Slab. I'll be doing the same thing starting tomorrow with my Vita.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #672
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB

It just looks short because of the angle, & the way the bat rests on his shoulders....I guess

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »