Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #673
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Just pitched my 1st game ever on HOF. I was pitching just a little too good for the Mets on Allstar. I was a little...I don't want to say scared but figured I'd give up like 20 runs lol. I only gave up 3 runs to the Twins...I was surprised!

I bat on Veteran though cause I am horrible at hitting. I lost the game 3-2 but it was probably the funnest game I have played yet.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #674
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like the defensive indifference this year. Don't remember that last year.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #675
Rookie

OVR: 3

Got the 5 pitch intentional walk again. Prince comes up in a clear intentional walk moment. Pitcher throws strike one. Then the catcher stands up and they put him on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2013, 12:05 AM   #676
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I see what everyone is saying about having to adjust to the timing window. I'm early (especially on the Vita) on everything. I have pitch speed at default, which feels about right for my skill level. Last few years I had it at 0-2.

I saw a nice bloop hit down the RF line by the CPU. My first baseman gave chase (auto field, manual throw) as did the RF, but he was too far away to really make a play and the 1B tried to snag it, but the ball dropped in just past his outstretched arm. Good stuff.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 03-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #677
MVP

OVR: 4

First game on a new PS3 and it froze.

Let's try another.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #678
MVP

I decided to try the second game on beginner to see what that was about and I saw the pitch stutter about 50% of the pitches. I didn't realize how impossible that makes it to pitch.

I am trying to play a third game on experienced, but the menus became impossible to navigate.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #679
MVP

Third game had only 1 pitch stutter and no freezing. This was on "experienced" mode.

I lost, but I can dig it. Looks like a solid game.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #680
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

While talking MLB13 with another member, I realized that I was giving some impressions that I had not yet posted in here. So here goes...

Quote:
I'm definitely loving the game man! By far the most fun (by which I mean, most satisfying and least frustrating) version to date. Everything just feels good about it, minus the small stat-based quirks. Gameplay is awesome though. Saw a couple animations that I need to post vids of... saw the catcher (Suzuki) actually drop the ball on the exchange trying to throw out my base stealer. Later in the same inning a wild pitch bounced off his shin protector an trickled away just enough, scoring the runner from third, all the while Miggy steps backs and waves him home. I've seen all kinds of new fielding animations too. Ironically, the only position that could use a few more is the catcher, but we brought that up at CD.

One other thing I need to write an impression on is how the righty/righty lefty/lefty matchups really seem to matter this year! It truly is more difficult to read certain pitches from same-handed pitchers. I've had some occasions where I've just given up on sliders that tailed back over the plate. Or giving up thinking it would tail out of the zone, only to catch the corner. Striking has never felt so satisfying! LOL

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 03-21-2013 at 11:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »