Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #657
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
A little late to the party this year but I now am on board with MLB 13 The Show. Picked up the PS3 and Vita versions and paid less than $30 (thanks to gift cards and trades) for both games.

Not sure how much time I'll get to play in the next few days, but I will definitely post impressions after a couple of games.
It wouldn't be a Show party if DJ wasn't there! LOL! Welcome aboard!

I just played easily the most satisfying game of the year yet. My mock-chise Brewers just stomped the D-Backs 10-3.

Nice.

Haven't put up more than 6 since launch.

Yeah baby....

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 03-19-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #658

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

So cool to play in these classic stadiums again(since past number of years we had to pay, and I never did). I haven't done so since MVP Baseball(when they had those historical black and white type cams in presentation lol)

I'm using old school jerseys too.

My current game is (NY) Giants vs (Brooklyn) Dodgers!

They really need to fix tags in this game! My guys get tagged out without even having the glove touch them. My guy slides into a base, and the fielder doesn't tag him, but my guys arm hits the fielders foot, so they count it as an out!

Last edited by Majingir; 03-20-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:19 AM   #659
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well I just finished my most ridiculous game ever playing The Show. Had no idea that after writing that post berating the pregame presentation, I'd be caught in a MARATHON.

Playing the Royals as the ChiSox and going for the opening series sweep, I'd taken a 3-0 lead to end the 3rd inning--business as usual in this series. 5th inning, Giancarlo Stanton (Gotta love fantasy drafts, suck it Madden) let a blooper through his glove, sparking a 3 run inning by KC. Nobody would score again until the 14th.

We each put up a single run in the 14th, myself stranding only my 2nd and 3rd baserunners to their 10th at the time. In the next inning, with bases loaded and one out, I make a major gaffe fielding a grounder to third and NOT throwing home, and a runner scores on the failed DP attempt. Then I make another gaffe in the bottom frame, with runners on the corners, forgetting how to make the BR on first steal and stay the one on third. Doesn't matter, I get the BR on 2nd home eventually, still a tie game.

The game log doesn't track past the 16th inning, apparently, for anyone who cares. 17th, the game seemingly is TRYING to end the game, as my pitcher turns erratic and I walk the bases loaded (8 walks in this game, never thrown so many in a game) and surrender another run. Stanton redeems himself in the bottom half with a moonshot to left-center on a hanging curve. 18th, walk the bases loaded AGAIN, but force a pop and my 18th K to get out of it.

Bottom half, PH Kyle Seager sends a first pitch meatball over straight center to end the game to "Welcome to the Family" by Avenged Sevenfold. Ha!!! (FTR, the meatballs in this game were terrible til I turned the CPU first pitch strike/accuracy slider down to 1. Tempted to go to 0 after the way this ended.)

So F/18

Kansas City 6 21 1
Chicago 7 16 1

Best parts, besides Vas's grumbling about the game length: Play being postponed for a beachball on the field, and Vas grumbling about the irony of an early April game and beachballs whilst grabbing his coat and a coffee...and the PA announcer giving the final linescore for KC, "6 runs, on a whoooooole lot of hits." haha

My whole pitching staff is shot, no way I'm winning tomorrow against Seattle. 3-1, here I come. Thanks for reading.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #660
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains

I just played easily the most satisfying game of the year yet. My mock-chise Brewers just stomped the D-Backs 10-3.

Nice.

Yeah baby....
Well, it appears the party started just fine without me, lol, but thanks for the kind words.

Played 3 innings last night.

Early impressions:

I still stink at Analog hitting.

Analog pitching has been tweaked since I last used it in MLB 11; definitely easier to miss the strike zone or your intended target if you are just a little off on the R-stick placement. I nearly walked my very first batter I faced and had a lot of 2-3 ball counts, which I was happy to see.

Analog throwing feels ironed out, too.

Yes, I am attempting to use all-Analog controls this year. I will give Pulse Pitching a trial run and may wind up going back to Timing hitting if I just can't get the hang of Analog hitting.

Trying to settle on a good camera angle for hitting. I used the default camera last year, but right now have it on Catcher Offset.

Graphics have received a slight, but noticeable, upgrade. Love the new score bug, too.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 03-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #661
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains

Nice.

Yeah baby....
And...

The very next game against the same Diamondbacks I lose 14-5.

Note to self: The Brewers pitchers are not The Yankees pitchers I am used to.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 03-20-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #662
MVP

ILiveForThis's Arena

OVR: 13

You're using the Brewers, H&V? They're my team, man ... winning games is TOUGH.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #663
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveForThis
You're using the Brewers, H&V? They're my team, man ... winning games is TOUGH.
After the 24 hit outburst I gave up at 1:00 AM this morning....

You can have them! LOL!

I figured it'd be fun the mess around with them until the K/9-BA bug was patched. Braun is an absolute beast!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #664
MVP

ILiveForThis's Arena

OVR: 13

Ryan Braun is a baaaad, baaad man.

Our pitching is awful. No questions about it.

I played a game late last night that saw me lose 1-0 to the Stros in 10 innings. Erik Bedard made my life hell for 7 innings and to the tone of ELEVEN K's.

I pitched well with Narveson and tied my MLB13 record with 10 K's.

I'm still absolutely in love with Classic pitching, doubt that will ever change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »