Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #641
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
That darn comeback code! I was losing 2-1 in the 8th against the Marlins batting with 2 outs...and 2 errors kept the inning alive and I went ahead 4-2 then hit a 2 run HR. All of a sudden they couldn't get me out...won 6-2.
From my personal experience (for what that's worth) I haven't once felt like a comeback code cost me a game.

Last year I felt there may be something there but not this year. Holding on to leads is hard but not impossible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #642
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Yea I don't believe in it either, Since I came back and won I was just being sarcastic lol.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #643
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Yea I don't believe in it either, Since I came back and won I was just being sarcastic lol.
Oh darn. Dude, I feel so stupid. I misread ur post. Now I get it.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #644
Rookie

tbone1's Arena

OVR: 7

Loving the gameplay tweaks.
But is it just me or did presentation take a big step back?
Matt seems to talk alot less, and their appears to be far fewer replays ,and dramatic cutscenes after big plays.
When they do show replays most of them seem cut in half.
Hoping this is a bug that can be fixed and not by design..
Old 03-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #645
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

Here's a breath of fresh air..

Had my first rubbermatch game last night. I was beat 4-5 to start the series no Biggy then after the game the commentators qued up the scene of the outfielders celebrating saying they are now on a 7 game win streak!! Yikes ! I better get my stuff together or I'm ab to drop 3 games to these guys They are 2 nd in my division too.

Next game we came out hard and fast chased their starter in the 3 rd inning but I still had a bad taste in my mouth.. I continued to pummel them bashing every reliever they brought in. Their pen was shot now for Sunday.

They kicked off the scoring in the top of the 1 st 1-0 bad guys Opposing pitcher Jon Lester started the game with a fastball on the outside for a strike then a perfect curveball low and outside to JUST catch some black for strike #2 already down 0-2 l knew I was in for a slobber knocker !! In a perfect sequence of taking pitches , fouling pitches off , working long abs to then be rewarded with base hits that lead to longer abs and longer innings. I had a 3-1 lead to start the 5th inning and Jon Lester at 85 pitches already. The next 2 pitches Jon Lester threw were solo shots by Giancarlo Stanton and Jay Bruce !! ahh ha So satisfying !! This was by far my best ever game at taking pitches and working counts. My pals watching were amazed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #646
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fiddy
Here's a breath of fresh air..

Had my first rubbermatch game last night. I was beat 4-5 to start the series no Biggy then after the game the commentators qued up the scene of the outfielders celebrating saying they are now on a 7 game win streak!! Yikes ! I better get my stuff together or I'm ab to drop 3 games to these guys They are 2 nd in my division too.

Next game we came out hard and fast chased their starter in the 3 rd inning but I still had a bad taste in my mouth.. I continued to pummel them bashing every reliever they brought in. Their pen was shot now for Sunday.

They kicked off the scoring in the top of the 1 st 1-0 bad guys Opposing pitcher Jon Lester started the game with a fastball on the outside for a strike then a perfect curveball low and outside to JUST catch some black for strike #2 already down 0-2 l knew I was in for a slobber knocker !! In a perfect sequence of taking pitches , fouling pitches off , working long abs to then be rewarded with base hits that lead to longer abs and longer innings. I had a 3-1 lead to start the 5th inning and Jon Lester at 85 pitches already. The next 2 pitches Jon Lester threw were solo shots by Giancarlo Stanton and Jay Bruce !! ahh ha So satisfying !! This was by far my best ever game at taking pitches and working counts. My pals watching were amazed.
Stanton and Bruce on the same team?
Old 03-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #647
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Stanton and Bruce on the same team?
Yessir 1st and 2nd round picks in fantasy draft. Been waiting all winter for these guys lol
Old 03-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #648

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Anyone noticing that sometimes your own players don't even attempt to pick up balls hit to them?

I don't have manual catch on or anything, it's same fielding settings I had last year too.

The ball is hit to my guy, and he just runs to the ball and it just bounces off his foot and he runs over the ball and doesn't even try to pick it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »