Home

MLB 13 The Show Review (PS3)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Review (PS3) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 13 The Show Review (PS3)

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback man.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it possible to download and upload fantasy team like in fifa 13?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakan723
Last one I got was 10. Sad to hear that fielding is the same. I'll get a new one once they implement a fully manual fielding system. Fielding is very important to me and I can't stand it when the cpu automatically goes after balls for me when my player is highlighted. Feels like I'm not really playing the game. smh
No way you can play fully manual infield play without guessing all the time. Who do you move on tweeners between 2nd and 3rd. There is no way you could get ot any hard hit ball without the CPU at least making the first step to the ball for you. If you can do it consistently more power to you.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
For one, it has changed each year since 10... that version still had a pretty big "suction" threshold when you got close to the ball landing zone. That is very small now.

Secondly, there will probably never be fully manual fielding. Assist is needed to even make some areas of fielding possible. I actually tried it at the community event last year, with no assists and even with an immediate camera transition, you don't have enough time to react. That is why manual fielding is possible in RTTS, because there is no camera transition to contend with.

Even with that, the fielding assist has been minimized, and at the same time considering each fielder's reaction rating. There is an recognizable reaction time (or lack of) amongst players who are not the best defensively; Miguel Cabrera for instance. Overall, there is an assist, but it is not much more than a switching control the the player... outside of infield liners, if the ball is hit and you don't move the stick, you won't field the ball even tho control is switched to that player.

Then there is the new button accuracy throwing, which adds a whole new aspect and difficulty to fielding. Reviews are mixed about the look of the meter, but it definitely changes the way fielding 'feels'.

The throwing meter has to be large if you are playing the difficulty level on the high side. Can you imagine hitting the sweet spot with a tiny meter? No way. The meter makes every ground ball an adventure this year. I love it.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #61
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
The throwing meter has to be large if you are playing the difficulty level on the high side. Can you imagine hitting the sweet spot with a tiny meter? No way. The meter makes every ground ball an adventure this year. I love it.
Yep, because you are simultaneously moving into fielding position and preloading your throw. Definitely an adventure.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #62
Rookie

Rocktober10's Arena

OVR: 1
I've been buying The show since about 06 on the PS2, it's the best baseball game hands down. Aside from the bad commentary, this game feels like an actual upgrade from 12. The only things i wish for are more logos (EvoShield, Under Armour, etc.) and dynamic commentary, sort of like NBA 2K13's commentary where it all just flows together nicely. Overall it's the best baseball game and I'll keep supporting!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #63
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11

Best sports game ever!

Everything is refined this year, apart from new commentary I don't know what else these guys can do.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #64
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Yep, because you are simultaneously moving into fielding position and preloading your throw. Definitely an adventure.

-- Sent from the Future...
Yeah I've found turning double plays a bit tricky, especially ones up the middle. After I've set the meter for the toss to second I sometimes try to start preloading the throw to first, but instead overwrite my initial command and end up just throwing to first. But I like the new control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »