Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #489
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
With the bases loaded and two outs, the Blue Jays decided to walk Salty in the 7th inning, thereby walking in the tying run.

Even though Salty was 2-2 at the time, I still thought it an odd decision.

Ciriaco proceeded to pop up to end the inning, and the Jays then exploded for 5 runs in the top of the 8th... So maybe they did know something...

Still an odd choice.

~syf
That's a bug.
No way they should have done that. No way.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #490
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeah, I was shocked.

I saw the catcher stand up and put his arm out, and I just could not figure out what they were thinking.

It is not like Salty is Barry Bonds... especially with how I hit with him.

~syf
Old 03-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #491
Rookie

aodaniel's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParisB

Meter still uses the ratings of a pitcher, man. Even if you master it, you're still going to kiss spots and get rocked with a poor pitcher.

Glad that someone also believes the pitcher's abilities matter when using the meter and mastering the meter doesn't mean perfect pitches. I've always thought that perfect timing on the meter means the pitcher will throw a particular pitch to the best of his abilities (ratings) for that pitch, and user mistakes in meter timing degrade the ratings for the pitch causing missed spots, wild pitches, etc.

Last edited by aodaniel; 03-11-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #492
Pro

jseward92's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityManpurse
lol. why do ppl sim franchises though?
The other people touched on it. Its fun to sim 6+ years and try to turn around a team without playing with them. Also I doubt you play every teams game everyday. So you will be affected because you too will be simming games.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #493
Pro

Yankees2009Champs's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
So in the 200+ generic stances as well there's not one that's close. That sucks. To me it's not a huge deal, but someone of Cano's stature should really have an accurate stance.
I was watching a game and that is his stance minus a little rocking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (133.0 KB, 240 views)
"Undaunted, I knew the game was mine to win. Just like in life, ALL of my successes depend on me. I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than heck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world."

Legendary pitcher Kenny Powers
Old 03-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #494
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aodaniel
Quote:

Originally Posted by ParisB

Meter still uses the ratings of a pitcher, man. Even if you master it, you're still going to kiss spots and get rocked with a poor pitcher.

Glad that someone also believes the pitcher's abilities matter when using the meter and mastering the meter doesn't mean perfect pitches. I've always thought that perfect timing on the meter means the pitcher will throw a particular pitch to the best of his abilities (ratings) for that pitch, and user mistakes in meter timing degrade the ratings for the pitch causing missed spots, wild pitches, etc.
Pure analog replicates this as well. A lot of pitchers are a lot more difficult to throw with when pitching out of the stretch as the meter shortens. Some pitchers require more force. Some you really have to go light on the stick, for some pitchers if you release early they will throw high but others will throw low and all of this is variates with each pitcher and on higher difficulties it is very apparent. Also some pitchers I personally have trouble throwing inside to same side hitters as they tend to either throw it down the middle or bean batter. it's funny somebody mentioned how meter was the only pitching interface you can't master and the only interface that punishes you for missing your release point but they forgot to mention Pure analog.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #495
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I wanted to mention something that I think is really great this year about the game. I have always loved the challenge of the Show and hitting and pitching. My 8 year old son never wanted to play the game....I assumed because he wasn't into baseball much.

This year he won't put the game down. He has the Vita playing all the time and wants to play me head to head on the PS3. He actually beat me yesterday with him on rookie and me on HOF.

I asked him why he likes the game this year. His response was "I can hit the ball this year and can hit home runs. The game is so much fun I love it!"

By making the game more accessible and opening the timing window SCEA has made the game more fun for kids and in turn bringing these kids into the baseball world. He wants to watch baseball now Great decision by SCEA and I'm sure it is going to bring many more customers into the fold...Great work!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #496
Rookie

OVR: 1

Regarding the Weekly Challenge:

I find the scores of other players currently playing to be distracting and not even useful.

The scores are not consistently displayed and are blinking on and off at the most inopportune times.

Please add a setting to disable these useless online players' scores.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »