Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #473
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseward92
Its been discussed already but I'm really upset with the Simmed strikeout totals. In year two of my franchise Jacob Turner had 115 innings pitched and 7 K's. That is absolutely impossible.
lol. why do ppl sim franchises though?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #474
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityManpurse
Even if you do not sim your games, you are still going to sim the CPU vs CPU games. Fact is, it is broken as of now. Chad Billingsley had 33 K's in 119 through the all star break. I'm not too worried as SCEA has a great track record in fixing these kinds of issues.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #475

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
It's fun. It's like being a GM and getting to make your own moves and everything. Don't get how people really get full experience of franchise mode without simming big part of it, since it'd take several months(in real life) to play through just a single season of the game. Simming it makes you get through as many seasons as you want, and build the team completely like how you want
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #476
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
pardon my ignornace. im a lifelong 2k guy making the switch. what is classic pitching? on 2k you pitch using the right analog using various motions. what options are there in this game?
"One button press" pitching that essentially takes user input out of the pitching game.

How well a pitcher hits his spots is dependent on ratings, fatigue, game situation... as opposed to being able to master a meter and hitting spots even with poor pitchers
Old 03-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #477
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
"One button press" pitching that essentially takes user input out of the pitching game.

How well a pitcher hits his spots is dependent on ratings, fatigue, game situation... as opposed to being able to master a meter and hitting spots even with poor pitchers
so if i understand classic pitching is more out of your hands? you choose the pitch and then thats it. everything else is determined based on what you mentioned? pulse pitching would be the closest to 2k's analog pitching then. the other pitch option reminds me of foul shots in 2k. stopping the moving cursor close to the line.
does TheShow have actual analog pitching like 2k? where each pitch requires a different motion?
Old 03-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #478
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
so if i understand classic pitching is more out of your hands? you choose the pitch and then thats it. everything else is determined based on what you mentioned? pulse pitching would be the closest to 2k's analog pitching then. the other pitch option reminds me of foul shots in 2k. stopping the moving cursor close to the line.
does TheShow have actual analog pitching like 2k? where each pitch requires a different motion?
You also select location.

Tapping X is less of an effort and theoretically more accurate, although you can still miss your spots

Holding X longer adds effort to pitch which reduces accuracy more while making breaking pitches break sharper (not always a good thing) and adding umph to a FB
Old 03-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #479
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree

Meter still uses the ratings of a pitcher, man. Even if you master it, you're still going to kiss spots and get rocked with a poor pitcher.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #480
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11gkjXoGz3A
First 10 seconds looks a bit closer to 13's stance than 12's to me. U can see him rest the bat on his shoulder for a split second is where I guess they got the idea from.

It only nails the bat placement for about 5% of his entire stance. It's not even close. I'd rather have the one from 12, as would everybody else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »