Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #385
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I wouldn't be bothered by it so much if I got those kind of home runs hitting balls in my cold zone, but I don't, and with guys having more power than Wise.
But you will. Plus, if you are using zones, you will automatically throw the majority of the pitches in the cold zones and the game will pick up on that. I never even look at them. I go after each at bat one at a time and try to mix locations and speeds. Mixing means not only changing, but sometimes throwing the same pitch in the same spot 2 or 3 times in a row, throwing a high changeup, or a hanging breaking ball after 3 straight fastballs etc.

I don't care if you hit .134 in a certain zone, if you have a good idea that someome will be throwing there a lot, you will hit it. This is a non-issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 02:06 AM   #386
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Speaking of which, where the hell do those save to? Are those only for online games? Because nothing is ever showing up for me.

Do I have to be in franchise mode?
The XP? It saves to the universal profile which is found in the help menu (the one on the bottom of the screen that you hit "select" to access).
Old 03-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #387
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
No thought to download digitally? I couldn't wait that long to play.
Well I normally pre-order and get it before release, but was undecided until last week. Plus I wasn't aware of the ability to digitally download until a few days ago.

My copy arrived about half an hour ago so just installing now.

The only problem is I have no idea which game mode to do first! OSFM is so good that I'd struggle to do a franchise without it these days.

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0
Old 03-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #388
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Hard hit grounders actually have some get up to them and can get through the hole. It's comforting to see ground ball hits that aren't infield singles or balls just knocked down by the infielder. I am not saying this never happened before, but last year I had more groundball hits like that instead of grounders getting through.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #389
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
The only problem is I have no idea which game mode to do first! OSFM is so good that I'd struggle to do a franchise without it these days.
Congrats on getting your game.

It may seem strange but while I wait for the rosters I just play exhibition games using teams I find interesting or match ups I find interesting or uniforms I want to see.

I don't use my favorite team until I'm ready to start a franchise or season. Its like torture not using them but I figure, heck, I'm gonna play enough games with them anyway.

Last edited by slthree; 03-09-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #390
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes
But you will. Plus, if you are using zones, you will automatically throw the majority of the pitches in the cold zones and the game will pick up on that. I never even look at them. I go after each at bat one at a time and try to mix locations and speeds. Mixing means not only changing, but sometimes throwing the same pitch in the same spot 2 or 3 times in a row, throwing a high changeup, or a hanging breaking ball after 3 straight fastballs etc.

I don't care if you hit .134 in a certain zone, if you have a good idea that someome will be throwing there a lot, you will hit it. This is a non-issue.
Well, it is an issue for me, Wise hitting 2 homers against Kershaw, which is not realistic, all things considered.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #391
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Congrats on getting your game.

It may seem strange but while I wait for the rosters I just play exhibition games using teams I find interesting or match ups I find interesting or uniforms I want to see.

I don't use my favorite team until I'm ready to start a franchise or season. Its like torture not using them but I figure, heck, I'm gonna play enough games with them anyway.
This is the first year that I am doing the same thing. I used to just start with the Jays right away, get about 30 games in and then OSFM come out and even though I tell myself I won't, I always start over. It's depressing losing all of the stats and having a guy who was tearing it up, slump to start the new season.

So, I've been playing exhibition games with random teams to get a feel Then I read someone doing a fantasy draft franchise so I figured I'd do that with an NL team to get to see the parks I rarely get to see. I drafted a Nationals team and am going to do that until the rosters come out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #392
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Well, it is an issue for me, Wise hitting 2 homers against Kershaw, which is not realistic, all things considered.
I agree 100% that it's not realistic at all but what we have to remember is this is a "video game" and unlike what some on here think that's all it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »