Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #377
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
Thanks man!!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #378

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Good news:
I had complete game, 4 hit, shutout with Morrow against the Rangers!

Bad news:
Power went out like the second after the game ended, so I didn't get to check out all the stats for the game(like I do for all my other games to see where I'm at in terms of strike %,early swings and all that),and XP points I don't think saved either.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #379
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I can't quite place it...but that guy in your avatar looks vaguely familiar.

M.K.
Knight165
He sure does! He was the guy raking at the desk next to me...while Charles was giving me the old head-to-head beatdown (though I blame Knight for thinking there was a fire in the room and turning the air conditioning down to 34 degrees).

Hey...by chance, do either of you know which team I'm on? I honestly cannot find myself.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 03-08-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #380
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Good news:
I had complete game, 4 hit, shutout with Morrow against the Rangers!

Bad news:
Power went out like the second after the game ended, so I didn't get to check out all the stats for the game(like I do for all my other games to see where I'm at in terms of strike %,early swings and all that),and XP points I don't think saved either.
Speaking of which, where the hell do those save to? Are those only for online games? Because nothing is ever showing up for me.

Do I have to be in franchise mode?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #381
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Your talking like this is something unheard of. Declining players hit HRs off the bets of them. It happens. Then you give your Adrian Gonzalez example. Understand what you experienced is a small sample size. If this was just the norm for the game declining players power happy while actual sluggers only getting singles then you would have a point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes
Dude, Tuffy Rhodes hit 3 HR on Opening Day in 1994. He hit 13 in his illustrious career, 8 of them that season.

Do you want everything to work out to exact percentages, or do you want the game to be realistic. This stuff happens.
I wouldn't be bothered by it so much if I got those kind of home runs hitting balls in my cold zone, but I don't, and with guys having more power than Wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #382
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2

There is something comforting about familiarity. It is what I love about this franchise. The game doesn't change monumentally but the implemented improvements take the game to another level; a level that isn't imagined impossible from where the game had risen from the year before.

Before unwrapping 13, I played a game on 12 to soak it in one last time. Fired up 13 and oh my goodness, SCEA did it again. The game is sharper, tighter, and of course, expanded. 13 is the same game, which is great, but better.

With virtually no competition, SCEA continues to raise the bar. Another great year of video baseball awaits us!
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #383
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Anybody else think speed guys bunt too much?
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #384

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
With virtually no competition, SCEA continues to raise the bar. Another great year of video baseball awaits us!
Cause SCEA is realizing what most companies(in this case, sports video games) hopefully do realize. Doesn't matter if there's competition or not, you still need to put out great stuff each time to retain current fans and bring in new ones.

That's big problem with companies. They think that once they bring in fans/customers, those people will stay no matter what.

It's reason some companies have failed big time(most recently in video game world, THQ, a company which basically released same game every year in numerous series they made,thinking that fans would just buy and buy every year)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »