Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #313
Rookie

BlueSkies7776's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

I don't know if this was asked, but what do ya'll think of the intro video? I think this is the first time in years that it was not of real life footage.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #314
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies7776
I don't know if this was asked, but what do ya'll think of the intro video? I think this is the first time in years that it was not of real life footage.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...o-trailer.html
Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #315
Rookie

BlueSkies7776's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney

I'm surprised so many people like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #316
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
A lot of people loved it but I thought it was just okay

please bear with any typos/spelling errors as this message was sent from the best smartphone in the world
Old 03-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #317
Rookie

OVR: 0

Got the game on wed. and had time to get in about 12 franchise games with the Dodgers. A mix of going against aces and regular pitchers.

Pros: The batting physics is noticeable and does make for a nice difference. The hooking and slicing of fly balls is great. When you get a hold of one, there seems to be a nice feeling...like you know you got it versus when you swing and know you're barely going to make contact.

The visuals might have been improved as others said, but to me its marginal. Not a bad thing though. The game looks great.

I love that load times have decreased. Presentation has improved, but I know many of us have hoping PS4 brings more overlays for stats and MORE CAMERA choices please!

I've seen some new animations and hit types. Liking those.

-------
Cons: With the amazing batted ball physics, its a shame playable fielding cams are still limited. Since I play auto-fielding, I hope to see the isometric view and the pressbox views implemented as playable views next year. A fan-cam would be great too. Also, I hope they reduce the zoom-in effect on HRs and fly balls...I want to see ball flight in the context of the field and stadium.

Would still like more stats displayed. For some reason runs are never displayed during walk-up OSDs. I personally like that stat, but thats just me. I think BA per pitch count and BA per pitcher or team would be great too. Its just nice to see stats while I'm playing.

Still no option to play an entire series. I'd love to have the option to play 4 games against the Giants...have the game load just the one time, and have it save the stats (temporarily) after each game until the series is over when it loads back into the main screen and all the stats are permanently saved. This goes for Franchise and RTTS. Would make playing an entire season quicker without loading in and out so much.

There are still a handful of legacy "could be improved" animations. They work, but they are just a bit off. One that comes to mind is the outfielder picking up a ball from the wall and turning to hurl it in. Just looks a bit weird to me.

Overall: Love the game...another good year of improvements and we're getting closer and closer to the ultimate MLB game.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #318
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
A lot of people loved it but I thought it was just okay

please bear with any typos/spelling errors as this message was sent from the best smartphone in the world
I love it !!!!best I've ever seen in any game IMHO it reminds me of the nba finals intro that they do every year on abc ,only they of course update it
Old 03-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #319
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Put it this way, I went into batting practice today and literally stayed in the cage for a good 250 pitches, and the best part about it was I started to actually notice improvement, I was able to lay off bad pitches, go with balls the other way, protect the plate by fouling balls off. Its the most impressed I've ever been with a sports game, and that was just BP!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #320

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Any known issues in franchise mode? I wanna start franchise mode with fantasy draft(and use real teams once OSFM come out), but not if there's issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »