Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #329
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Hit variation is very well done this year, outfielders actually have to charge in for bloopers, weak fly balls. Nice!
Fielding is fun.
Still love classic pitching
In the past u would have some LONG at bats vs CPU. You could almost tell when it was going to happen a few pitches in, 12 pitches later and 7 foul balls later it would be over. I always thought it happened that way a little too often. This year I have not seen this at all...yet.
Graphics as always are beautiful
Hitting is more forgiving this year
Balls are hit harder in the infield
More throwbacks
Nike shirts..but no gloves or shoes?
Looking forward to another year of MoM, won't touch it till the great roster set from this site is finished
Less ground rule doubles, I always thought ball bounced too high when landing in the outfield, lots of ground rule doubles. That has been toned way down so far

That's my little list. Great game as always!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #330
MVP

devilsjaw's Arena

OVR: 27

Can anyone else verify that the Giants have the wrong logo on the back of there pitchers mound? I'm seeing the Twins logo on there, just want to make sure I'm not seeing things!!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #331
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsjaw
Can anyone else verify that the Giants have the wrong logo on the back of there pitchers mound? I'm seeing the Twins logo on there, just want to make sure I'm not seeing things!!
Have not seen it for myself but yes I've heard others say that also. Sounds like a bug. I'm sure it's a simple fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #332
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Don't know what's happened...I haven't touched sliders that impact this, yet somehow CPU is hitting crazy against me now.

Braves(CPU)-7 runs,15 hits
Nats(me)-3 runs,7 hits

CPU with 3HR,2 doubles
Me with 1HR,2 doubles

7TH INNING let up 4 hits,2 runs

73% of CPU pitches were strikes(I moved strike frequency to 1)
79% of my pitches were strikes

I haven't checked what my timing was in other games, but my timing seemed real early in this game. 50% of my swings were early.
Seeing that you're throwing strikes nearly 80% of the time, I'm not surprised the CPU is teeing off against you. Might want to lower the CPU's timing a bit through.

And by the way, you may want to raise yours if you're swinging early.

Quote:
And any tips on how to read low ball pitches better? I keep on chasing these pitches all the time and it's annoying, especially when these pitches are ALWAYS sliders,curves or sinkers(where the starting point is in the strike zone,but the end location is out of strike zone), so it looks like its gonna be a strike, and last second it drops for a ball.
I'll never stop recommending my custom camera to people, but I don't know if it helps with your specific issue.

For a while though, you may want to try taking until you get a strike. That way you're also reading pitches all the way through and seeing their effects. The one that still gets me are the changeups (as they do in real life), but otherwise I can normally hold off those other pitches when they're low.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #333
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStylez
Have not seen it for myself but yes I've heard others say that also. Sounds like a bug. I'm sure it's a simple fix.
I saw that Rex Brothers for the Rockies had the wrong font when pitching. I didn't notice it on the other pitchers, but maybe they had the same thing.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #334

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Seeing that you're throwing strikes nearly 80% of the time, I'm not surprised the CPU is teeing off against you. Might want to lower the CPU's timing a bit through.

And by the way, you may want to raise yours if you're swinging early.

I'll never stop recommending my custom camera to people, but I don't know if it helps with your specific issue.

For a while though, you may want to try taking until you get a strike. That way you're also reading pitches all the way through and seeing their effects. The one that still gets me are the changeups (as they do in real life), but otherwise I can normally hold off those other pitches when they're low.
I'm wondering if timing might have been more about pitch speed over my overall contact.

And how diff is your custom camera to catcher cam? Cause I use catcher cam 3 right now.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #335
MVP

slthree's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'll never stop recommending my custom camera to people,
Lay it on me.

please bear with any typos/spelling errors as this message was sent from the best smartphone in the world
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #336
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I'm wondering if timing might have been more about pitch speed over my overall contact.
I'm not comprehending what you're saying here. I'm just saying that if you raise the Timing slider, hopefully that can address you swinging too soon on pitches.

However, I agree... ramp up the pitch speed. I'm playing with it on 10 this year (8 last year), and I'm not at all feeling threatened by the heat of a fastball unless it's above 94, which is a good thing.

Quote:
And how diff is your custom camera to catcher cam? Cause I use catcher cam 3 right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Lay it on me.

please bear with any typos/spelling errors as this message was sent from the best smartphone in the world
My laptop is in the shop so I can't record MLB 13 footage until next week, but here's a video of it in action in MLB 12:

This video below shows how I sort of arrived at the camera angle:

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »