Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #89
Just started!

OVR: 2
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3

I only played a few games late last night, but I noticed I wasn't getting any XP. Did anyone else notice this?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #90
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Not sure if I'm missing something but I have to say I was hoping that playing the tournaments would be more realistic and more tension filled.

I don't play online so that part of the game is useless to me and to go to the final round of a major and see the leaders between 25 and 30 under par is an absolute joke. What is going on with the sim engine?

If the intent is to get more people to play online I get it and maybe the game just isn't for me, but anytime I have played this game offline I always feel like I'm the only one on the course and it takes away from the immersion level. Where are my playing partners? What about highlights from around the course to see some shots from some of the others at the top of the leader board? If I'm a shot back to my playing partner on the 71st hole and we both stripe one down the middle of the fairway, he plays first and knocks one to 8ft, doesn't the tension rise a little? That is competitive/tournament golf.

I guess my vision of a true broadcast presentation is what I see on TV every weekend. Yes, strides have been made with overlays and other things, but this game has a long way to go before I get on board. Right now, it's swing, fast forward to my golfer to hit his second shot, putt, putt...next hole. Just doesn't feel like tournament golf to me. Feels more like a practice round.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #91
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Nothing wrong with the Sim engine.... Those rounds were generated on the easier difficulty settings....the scores will drop accordingly with the higher difficulty levels....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #92
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Nothing wrong with the Sim engine.... Those rounds were generated on the easier difficulty settings....the scores will drop accordingly with the higher difficulty levels....
Yeah? So I had selected simulation for my settings and went into the tournament and Bradley led the British Open with a score of 27 under. You're saying that will change in the retail version?

Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #93
MVP

OVR: 11

That is what was posted on the EA Tiger forums by one of the Devs...

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #94
Rookie

ctulb's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
am i missing something or is shot power basically determined of where you put the maker?
Definitely seems the case with putting. Not sure with other shots, have missed quite a few greens long
Old 03-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #95
Rookie

cccgolfer08's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx34
am i missing something or is shot power basically determined of where you put the maker?
What exactly do you mean by shot power? Like how far you are hitting the shot? With ZERO wind and elevation, where your aiming marker is, if you hit a perfect back swing and through swing, the ball should LAND where the marker was. It is a landing marker so that doesn't account for roll/spin. If you happen to have a fast tempo and an overswing, your ball could fly 10 years past where that aiming marker was. You also need to make sure that your strike meter is on the center of the ball because that will effect your distance and accuracy as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #96
Rookie

mctrees02's Arena

OVR: 2

Love the simulation difficulty. It definitely took 5 or 6 quick rounds to get a feel for it. On Royal Birkdale, you can just aim out to the right if you're hitting a pull hook to keep the ball in play but that's not much of an option on a tree lined course like Oak Hill. Once I got the hang of the swing, it became a lot easier to "play for the miss" while finding fairways and greens. +1 is my best 3 hole score at Oak Hill, even at Birkdale. I'll work a bit more on the putting later on but the lack of green reading tools should virtually eliminate anybody having 18-20 putt rounds anymore. A round in the 60's will be hard earned and well deserved.

The Legends feature was unplayable for me on my new LED TV as it was simply too hard to see what's going on in "night mode" when there is sun coming through my windows (and I don't have any glare on my TV, windows are behind it). I personally think that was a waste of time by the devs to add in night golf and having now tried to play it, it confirmed my suspicion as a tricked up gimmick that isn't going to really draw anybody into buying the game.

I had no plans to buy TW14 as I really enjoy 13 and have earned enough coins to pick up just about every course that I wanted. However, the fun of simulation mode might have me considering this after I get done with the Show as a great summer/fall game before FIFA 14 comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »