Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #57
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3

Simulation mode is great. Nice to not see scores that are -9 for three holes.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Simulation mode is great. Nice to not see scores that are -9 for three holes.
Awesome, indeed!

1. NHL 14
2. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 Sim Mode
3. ESPN NFL 2K5 w/ Gills 2013 roster update
3. NBA 2K11 w/ mkharsh's 2012-13 rosters
5. Winning Eleven 6 FE patched **2012 transfer window*** update....kick @SS
Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #59
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Has anyone tried pressing the left bumper to see if that changes the swing camera? If so, that might help get the camera angle you are looking for. Just a thought.....
Yep, did that right away. Hitting bumper changes the Swing Camera height. I was saying about the replay that Kev had in his video that the swing camera was at waist height, but that was set by the replay camera. I'm sure if they had built the ability for the real time game camera to show the same production as the replay in question, one would have also had the opportunity to change the swing camera height via the left bumper.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #60
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
But the graphics of the demo are pretty bad. Why is everything so damn dark in Quick Play? Why not display midday conditions during the demo?
Try the 3 hole demo Connectec tournament that is currently set at Royal Birkdale. It's under midday sunny conditions and looks good to me. -1 is leading the tournament in simulation difficulty BTW I posted a +2.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #61
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccgolfer08
I think it was because they wanted to kind of try and showcase what the live time of day conditions would bring. According to the developers on the EA Forums, this was just because that was set to early morning so that is why it was a little darker. They said they were going to set up another Connected Tournament to display midday conditions so you may want to try that out when they put it up and see how you like it.
Will do. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 7
I haven't played the demo yet but from the videos ive seen on here the game looks exactly like last year's game. I reallly really wish they would change the sound when hitting iron shots to make it sound more authentic. It sounds fake right now jus like last yr. which really bothers me. Also there should be a real divot in the ground after hitting irons. When you strike a putt it sounds like ur hitting a ping pong ball with your putter. I really wish they would fix the sound when striking ur irons. would make the game sooo much better for me. pleasee just put a microphone next to tiger or some pro hitting a crisp iron shot and make that the sound in the game, same with putting. hopefully some1 who has played the demo will say that its not the exact same game as last year cuz it sure looks like it
Old 03-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #63
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootah66
I haven't played the demo yet but from the videos ive seen on here the game looks exactly like last year's game. I reallly really wish they would change the sound when hitting iron shots to make it sound more authentic. It sounds fake right now jus like last yr. which really bothers me. Also there should be a real divot in the ground after hitting irons. When you strike a putt it sounds like ur hitting a ping pong ball with your putter. I really wish they would fix the sound when striking ur irons. would make the game sooo much better for me. pleasee just put a microphone next to tiger or some pro hitting a crisp iron shot and make that the sound in the game, same with putting. hopefully some1 who has played the demo will say that its not the exact same game as last year cuz it sure looks like it
No offense but

On a more serious note, sounds aren't THAT big of a deal. The TW team is pushing these consoles to their max. Out of any sport out there today, golf will always be the most difficult to replicate. Maybe once we get a few years into next gen, then we may see golf be truly 100% authentic.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #64
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
ok just finished a round on simulaion difficulty...... yeah I suck.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »