Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #105
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Disclaimer:

I absolutely LOVED ASB2005. Before the Show('08 ...maybe even '09) it was my favorite baseball game.

Adding in Steve Lyons is tremendous.
I know guys are hating on the commentary and I can see it to some point. But hearing Lyons is not only giving me some flashbacks...but it's refreshing.
Really nice job by Lyons.

I was in the same circumstance and I believe the same thing. He has the perfect baseball video game voice. It's just so smooth. Although I like Matt, Steve is making me think of wanting Thom Brennaman instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 2
The first thing I noticed was the subtle difference in lighting/contrast compared to previous games. It almost has that "2K-Look" to it. Makes the players stand out more. Also, grass textures seem to be improved. Day game at Yankee Stadium looked great! Phil Hughes on the mound looked like Phil Hughes on the mound.

I was a little skeptical about this game after watching some vids, but when I got my hands on it, I was colored impressed.

Great job SCEA. I know I've been hard on ya...lol.

Although.....can we get Tim Hudson's releas fixed? The windup looks good, but the releases is a little wonky.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #107
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Foul tips being caught by the catcher...nice!

Last edited by dalger21; 03-06-2013 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #108
MVP

OVR: 10

Hit the pitcher twice my last game. That was a tad disappointing. I have avg'd 1 per game in 3 games. There do seem to be a lot of "hard" hits. Might try slider adjustment, im on default all-star. Not sure if i want to adjust "solid hits" or "power"...im happy with # hits per game! Probably should play a couple more before i decide. As someone who struggled to hit last couple years, im MUCH happier with this years hitting so far. Putting ball in play more, actually able to score multiple runs in innings sometimes, staying alive longer in at-bats, etc.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #109
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

OVR: 0

I love the new presentation, but I dislike that the Sounds of the Show player walk-up songs volume.

They have a very low volume to them this year. I am using the same songs that I used on MLB 12, and the volume on that game was fine. This year I hear the crowd more than the song.

I also feel that the outfielder arm strength is way too high this year, but that can be fixed with sliders.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #110
MVP

OVR: 10

Also wanted to say I like the soundtrack! I know musical tastes vary, but I for one am very pleased!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #111
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefakeJTS
I love the new presentation, but I dislike that the Sounds of the Show player walk-up songs volume.

They have a very low volume to them this year. I am using the same songs that I used on MLB 12, and the volume on that game was fine. This year I hear the crowd more than the song.

I also feel that the outfielder arm strength is way too high this year, but that can be fixed with sliders.
We might be able to do something about the SOTS volume no promises though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 3

Any way to make Joba Chamberlain not so fat? If they give him the "Buff" body type instead of "Fat" he will look much more realistic. In the game, he looks to be the same size as CC Sabathia!

If there is any way to edit this in a future roster update it would be greatly appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »