Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #97
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

I'm loving the new training system!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 18

Absolutely raked my first couple games on default All Star. Bumped it up to HOF, and was completely shut down for two games. Popped up a number of fastballs right down the middle on HOF, but was driving everything all over the zone on AS. I'm thinking a slight change to a couple sliders on HOF will make a big difference and I'll be good to go.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #99
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

I dont mind some more silence. Beats repetition. Also gives you a little ballpark feel.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #100
MVP

davis420's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm not sure this is a bug or I'm just misunderstanding the words. I just played my 1st game, Indians at Yankees. In the game log for attendance is says: 45,970(24% capacity). Is that saying the stadium had 24% of the seats filled?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
OMG, thank you for posting this. As a former High Heat gamer I've always wanted this in the show.

I didn't buy MLB 12 as I skipped last year, would I be seeing a big upgrade from MLB 11 to MLB 13?
I skipped v12 too and think v13 is a big upgrade over 11. The lighting and sharpness of the graphics stick out right away as something you will see, everything just looks better. The batting helmets in both sunlight and under the lights at a night game are great. The stick'em\pinetar on the helmets, as Sammy would say, looks so real. My favorite thing though is the baseball caps. First time the camera got close to Garza in my first game I looked at his cap and thought "wow, his hat actually looks like its made from cloth". Of course this is just visual stuff and while it doesn't really effect the game itself it does add a lot to the game.

That stuff is the stuff you see and notice first. The important stuff though is, as others have posted, the better physics that determine how realistic the game plays. IMHO it is a big upgrade over v11. I think if you buy the game you will be pleased.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #102
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

After buying the last 2 years on release day, I didn't buy either the PS3 or Vita version today. I'm still stuck on MLB 12 and don't want to stop playing it just yet.

I'll get MLB 13 at some point (I'm sure once the real MLB season starts I'll be itching to play MLB Live) but right now, I'm hanging tight with MLB 12.

I appreciate all of the impressions.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Impressions Thread

Feels like infielder speed is perfect with default sliders. Seeing choppers up the middle get through this year, never would see that previously.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #104
Rookie

jmount78's Arena

OVR: 3

Having the same problem with stuttering, especially at the start up screen where dirt being swept off of home plate. It is very frustrating in game.

Like everyone else, I love the ball physics. Had my first ever HR go to the review booth and it was ruled a foul. Stadiums look even sharper this year, and the helmets look great.

Has anyone else had a harder than usual time with fielding infield ground balls?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »