Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #73
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3

It's up now for the PS3; started my download at 8:07 PM EST. I'm really hoping the Move's "First Person Camera" is going to cure what ales me about the game's presentation. If they'v e also improved the Move's interface with the game, this might be the way I go this year. Still got a lot of questions to answer about Tiger 14....
Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm a long time player of the franchise and a life long golfer. As a result I have found using the kinect system last year was ridiculous. I didn't feel the system recognized proper swing mechanics and tempo, when I would use it, I ended up hitting low 100yd drives and felt I had no control. I did not spend too much time trying to master it, as to me it would not be worth it if I had to have a video game swing and a real swing, if that makes sense so I just went back to using the controller.

My question here for the community is, has anyone found that using the kinect or move systems to be realistic and actually be able to "play golf" through the camera properly? Or have most found that when it comes to advance swing controls and mechanics are just better and more accurate to use the controller?

I would love to be able to play the game standing in my living room as I would in real life, but it seems as though it's not really an option to play an advanced career using this without having to essentially create a new swing just for the purposes of the game, which I fear would effect my regular golf game.

Any input would be awesome.

As for what I've seen in the videos and responses I think this game will be awesome, I always hated shooting
-21 at the us open, it's just not real.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #75
Rookie

cccgolfer08's Arena

OVR: 0

For anyone who hasn't gotten to play Simulation yet, here is a gameplay I just put up on one of the Connected Tournaments at Night:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Talk about being torn. I was dead set on the 360 version but the PS3 demo just feels better. Hell might just get both as I love playing with the OS CC

On the PS3 Oak Hill tourney its at night, wow

Load times are MUCH IMPROVED from last year, grant it this is a demo
Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 03-05-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #77
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Im +7 with Tiger through 3 on Simulation. Never felt this good to suck before.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #78
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Well blow me down! Simulation mode is a dream come true, this is the type of difficulty we've been wanting for years! For the first time ever I might be able to beat my video game golf score in real life.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #79
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow, Simulation mode 1, me 0. I shot +15 in my round. Also liked the Legends of the Majors mode too. EA, let me give you a big THANK YOU!!!

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 03-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #80
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Talk about being torn. I was dead set on the 360 version but the PS3 demo just feels better. Hell might just get both as I love playing with the OS CC

On the PS3 Oak Hill tourney its at night, wow

Load times are MUCH IMPROVED from last year, grant it this is a demo
Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2
Don't start making me question my XBOX pre order after suffering through the PS3 load times between holes. Although I do think the PS3 sticks might be a little better for Tiger than the 360.

I'm sacrificing my bonus XP for Tiger 13 by moving to Xbox this year, if they cleaned up the PS3 load times...GRRR, not that I won't be happy for you guys buying it on PS3! Even if it's much improved I don't think it will be able to compete with the load times on 360 with a full install, going to download the PS3 demo now (don't be good, dont be good...) lol, I'm sure by the time this is released there will be little difference, this demo seems pretty early.

Will post full impressions later, don't want to be hasty, got over an hour of play in on the 360. I'll get to the nitty gritty, played so many hours on last years game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »