Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #33
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagMan
I will certainly give it a fair shake. However, onlookerdelay and I share the same opinion on camera angles. as an avid golfer myself, i feel the source of my gaming satisfaction boils to hitting the golf ball. Crisp impact and watching the ball take off into the distance is what keeps me playing real golf and video golf should be the same. It's especially frustrating when I am so close to reaching video golf nirvana.

Just give us a user definable camera. None of the camera angles provided by EA capture the essence of the game from a golfer's perspective.
BagMan, I appreciate you and Fishepa weighing in on this here. I think it's more of an issue with gamers than EA assumed. Here's the response I got to my critique of the demo in this area, from the Executive Producer:

"Sorry we didn't hit your sweet spot with the presentation JC. We were after the tv style more this year because of all the stats we added in."

Then later in response to someone else making the same complaint about the camera insta-switch, he replied:

"come on now. We put in tasks based almost solely on community feedback this year. We may have missed this one camera thing that a few of you wanted, but we can't get everything. You are welcome to your opinion and you definitely don't have to like how we implemented that community feedback. But it's hardly fair to be using the "we never listen to the community" line this year. This game was made for the community."

The Producer's name is Sean Wilson. He really seems like a good guy and is trying to answer questions as honestly as he can. I think they misjudged the demand for this, thinking only a few wanted it. I would encourage you and Fishepa to weigh in on the Demo Impressions thread at the official site about this. They need to know there's more than a few interested in this. Here's a link to it:

come on now. We put in tasks based almost solely on community feedback this year. We may have missed this one camera thing that a few of you wanted, but we can't get everything. You are welcome to your opinion and you definitely don't have to like how we implemented that community feedback. But it's hardly fair to be using the "we never listen to the community" line this year. This game was made for the community.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9328139.page
Old 03-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #34
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
I captured 4 gameplay videos of the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 demo this morning. It is important to note that I am a novice at the series and was playing on the default difficulty level (Pro). Please select "720p" for the best viewing experience.
Good work Kev5890, I'm sure a lot of folks will appreciate that!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
BagMan, I appreciate you and Fishepa weighing in on this here. I think it's more of an issue with gamers than EA assumed. Here's the response I got to my critique of the demo in this area, from the Executive Producer:

"Sorry we didn't hit your sweet spot with the presentation JC. We were after the tv style more this year because of all the stats we added in."

Then later in response to someone else making the same complaint about the camera insta-switch, he replied:

"come on now. We put in tasks based almost solely on community feedback this year. We may have missed this one camera thing that a few of you wanted, but we can't get everything. You are welcome to your opinion and you definitely don't have to like how we implemented that community feedback. But it's hardly fair to be using the "we never listen to the community" line this year. This game was made for the community."

The Producer's name is Sean Wilson. He really seems like a good guy and is trying to answer questions as honestly as he can. I think they misjudged the demand for this, thinking only a few wanted it. I would encourage you and Fishepa to weigh in on the Demo Impressions thread at the official site about this. They need to know there's more than a few interested in this. Here's a link to it:

come on now. We put in tasks based almost solely on community feedback this year. We may have missed this one camera thing that a few of you wanted, but we can't get everything. You are welcome to your opinion and you definitely don't have to like how we implemented that community feedback. But it's hardly fair to be using the "we never listen to the community" line this year. This game was made for the community.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9328139.page
They were so close with True-Aim (at least the camera angle) it just needed some polish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
I captured 4 gameplay videos of the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 demo this morning. It is important to note that I am a novice at the series and was playing on the default difficulty level (Pro). Please select "720p" for the best viewing experience.

Thanks for the vids. I'm scratching my head as to why there is a "swoosh" noise during a putting stroke. Total turn off!!

Do any of the devs even play golf?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #37
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Damn, I just got home and I can't download the demo. I just keep getting error messages.

EDIT: Nevermind, stupid Time Warner Internet.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

Last edited by cdawg44; 03-05-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #38
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

First impressions are good. The only gripe I have is the brightness. Waaay to dark. Hope that it gets fixed in the final product.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #39
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Guys, check out the replay of the shot that Kev holes at Royal Birkdale in the second video. It happens about 2:48 into the video. THAT'S the type of camera presentation I want for real time gameplay... bump the swing camera up to shoulder/head height (the replay has it at waist height), hold the golfer perspective view for maybe 1 or 2 more seconds, and you have presentation bliss!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #40
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
First impressions are good. The only gripe I have is the brightness. Waaay to dark. Hope that it gets fixed in the final product.
I definitely agree with this comment. As you can tell in my videos, the game is a lot darker than in previous versions.

I am uploading one more video of gameplay with the new broadcast camera angles. I will update when it is live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »