Home

Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

This is a discussion on Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #177
Zero Finger Movement

CRIP4LIFE's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimair
CouplE things i was wondering.
1. How long will it take to download.
2. How much memory does it take will i even have enough?
3. Are load times longer?
1. this is dependent on your internet download speed.

2. you mean "how much hard drive space does it take". we don't know but it will probably be in the 15-20gb range. without knowing the size of your current hard drive, nor how much of that you're already using, it's not possible to ascertain if you will have enough space on your hard drive to store mlb 13.

3. load times will assuredly be faster when using the digital version because blu-ray load times are slow. so any portion of content that would have been loaded from the disc will definitely be faster when comparing to the digital version.
NCAA - CLEMSON
Old 03-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #178
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE
2. you mean "how much hard drive space does it take". we don't know but it will probably be in the 15-20gb range. without knowing the size of your current hard drive, nor how much of that you're already using, it's not possible to ascertain if you will have enough space on your hard drive to store mlb 13.
So far we know it will most likely be over 20gb from past game sizes.

You will need at least double the size of the download in order to install. This is important. Do not buy the game until you know you have enough space as with past games some people have bought games and could not install them as they had 40gb models and thought that they had enough room when they only had enough room to download and not install as well.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #179
Rookie

OVR: 1

I got the 120gb.... And my net speed is 18.9gbps
Old 03-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #180
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimair
I got the 120gb.... And my net speed is 15.6
But like stated before it depends on multiple things.

Not your HDD size, but how much space you have.

I'd set aside at least 40-50gb for the game to be sure you have enough room, it might not even be enough for all we know or it could be too much room. You won't need it all for the game itself, but you need space for the download file, then the space for the install to go to. After install it would only take up the 20gb+ (if it is this large).

And most people report that they do not get their full connection speed downloading from PSN. Expect more like 50-70% of your connection speed. And the store can get bogged down when its being hammered right after the store updates. MLB 13 is supposed to go live at midnight so maybe this will be off peak traffic hours.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #181
Rookie

natey2k4's Arena

Not sure if this helps, but I bought Silent Hill 4: The Room off the Japanese PSN and play it on my regular Canadian account with no problems.

I used a Japanese PSN card (from ebay) when I did it so it was super easy.

I have heard DLC is region specific though, but since Silent Hill is a PS2 classic and doesn't have DLC, I couldn't tell you. The Show doesn't really have DLC either though, so that's good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #182
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4
Not sure if this helps, but I bought Silent Hill 4: The Room off the Japanese PSN and play it on my regular Canadian account with no problems.

I used a Japanese PSN card (from ebay) when I did it so it was super easy.

I have heard DLC is region specific though, but since Silent Hill is a PS2 classic and doesn't have DLC, I couldn't tell you. The Show doesn't really have DLC either though, so that's good.
Yes DLC is region locked I think, which can be frustrating. Reading around it seems that there is little issue buying PSN content from other regions, but the one issue I keep seeing posted on other boards is the DLC region locking.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-03-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #183
Rookie

I got 87gb left so i should be ok thanks bro
Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #184
Pro

OVR: 9

I took the chance and pre-ordered through the PS store. Look forward to trying to download a game at midnight instead of driving/waiting at GS. Hopefully the PS maintenance won't interrupt or interfere with the download at midnight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »