Home

Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

This is a discussion on Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #153
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

I keep hearing that hard drive space needed is 40gig but I don't see this listed anywhere on the PS website. Is this just a commonly known thing? Would rather dl than go to GameStop at midnight.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #154
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
I keep hearing that hard drive space needed is 40gig but I don't see this listed anywhere on the PS website. Is this just a commonly known thing? Would rather dl than go to GameStop at midnight.
20 for the download and 20 for the install. After the install the other 20 will be freed up again.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #155
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
Its not official yet, but most assume the game will be 20gb+ download.

Things get sticky though as you need the space to download the game, then at least enough space to install the download to.

But if it is split into smaller parts you won't need double that space, Ni No Kuni was 16gb and 6gb. In this case you only needed 32gb total space I believe.

1. download 16gb, install 16gb = 32gb needed
2. 16gb taken up by install (downloaded installer should be gone now) + 6gb download + 6gb install = 28gb needed

final space taken up by game after install = 22gb

So you needed at least 32gb to download and install Ni No Kuni

But if MLB 13 is one big download, lets say 22gb or something you will need

22gb download + 22gb install space = 44gb, but the game should only take up 22gb once installation is finished. So I'd wait until people know the file size, if its split, and so on if anyone has space limitations.

Its a problem with PSN games and only recently become an issue with all the full game downloads being offered in the last year or so.

People need to be aware of it and Sony should list this directly on the store. If you purchase a game like Ni No Kuni and have a 40gb version of PS3, you can't install the thing. Your purchase is unplayable. There are countless threads of people having issues with space. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tec...-game-v-v.html

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-02-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #156
Banned

This can't come soon enough
Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #157
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
I was going to go this route, however, the gamestop pre-order comes with 1200 RttS points. This pre-order comes with something I would never use as I don't play franchise.
Really? I preordered from Gamestop without knowing that.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 03-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #158
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I am pretty sure you would just need to log in to your account again and re download it.
My PS3 won't read disks. Since I'm primarily an xbox guy, I can't justify buying a new system right now. If I download the game digitally, will it still work despite that?
Old 03-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #159
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
My PS3 won't read disks. Since I'm primarily an xbox guy, I can't justify buying a new system right now. If I download the game digitally, will it still work despite that?

I don't see why not. It'll be on your hard drive so it has no need to access the blue ray drive.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #160
Rookie

OVR: 6

Will it be able downloadable and playable on the PS4 once it comes out?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »