Home

Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

This is a discussion on Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #129
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Do downloaded games freeze at all?
Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #130
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Re: Pre-Order MLB 13 The Show From PSN Store & Download at 12:01 AM EST, March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoivu9
Do downloaded games freeze at all?
Not if your HDD isn't broken. It should run like any other game and most likely, unless in cases of poor optimization, will have faster load times.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #131
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
I downloaded nba 2k13 on xbox live and it was only 7 or 8 gb i believe. I can't imagine the show would be over 20gb.
file sizes are different with xbox and ps3..

NBA2k13 is 9+GB while u said on xbox360 its 7 or 8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #132
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I don't think the size will be reduced at all, it should be the same exact data that is on the disc version.

Uncharted GOTY is 43.5gb, almost a full dual layer blurray. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...re-update-280/

You also have to think about your HDD, you might be saving wear and tear on your blurray drive, but putting more work on your HDD. I think the benefits of digital are still great, but its not as cut and dry as just "digital is better".
ya but you cant really compare Uncharted 3 GOTY to MLB The Show...

Uncharted is like watching a movie and playing a game. The amount of cutscenes and the length of them are crazy..plus with GOTY you are getting every single thing that has ever been released with that game.

my prediction for the file size will be 15-20gb
Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 5

I Pre-ordered 2 (one each for my son & I). This is my first experience downloading a full game. Can't wait for 0001 Tuesday!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #134
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSJ

Uncharted is like watching a movie and playing a game. The amount of cutscenes and the length of them are crazy..plus with GOTY you are getting every single thing that has ever been released with that game.

Yeah, I think the included DLC is the biggest factor in that file size. Ni No Kuni is an absolutely huge game content-wise, and it's only half the size of that Uncharted download.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #135
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSJ

I wasn't comparing them, I was only saying that they do not tone down the file size for PSN. Its whatever is on the disc version, the game is the game.

It will be at least 20gb, its been said multiple times. Past The Show games have been this large and this year should be larger. Unless they changed something it will be at least 20gb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #136
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I wasn't comparing them, I was only saying that they do not tone down the file size for PSN. Its whatever is on the disc version, the game is the game.

It will be at least 20gb, its been said multiple times. Past The Show games have been this large and this year should be larger. Unless they changed something it will be at least 20gb.
Oh my mistake..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »