Home

MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #65
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Where does it say that?

And if it is 2016 roster, then sorta interesting to see not many changes were even made to Jays team through simming 3-4 seasons(and Bautista still a 99)
I think you're looking too much into it, lol. I would say that screenshot is some time before 2016... there are definitely snapshots from different years in the video. If you look at the Royals (2016 season) screenshots, you see Billingsley is the starter for the next game. Later in the video you see Billingsley as a trade rumor mill player (pre-2016 Baltimore franchise, possibly in 2013). To further add to that, at the end when they show the CY, MVP winners, they are in the 2013 season, because it is displaying the previous 3 year's winners.

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 02-07-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 19

damn im excited for this game to get here.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox5
If you look at the screen, the Player Salary is at $91.88M and the Staff Salary is at $16.76M. Their payroll is only at $108.64M but they have room to add $12.61M.

I don't think staff salary is included in the MLB's luxury tax threshold which is what fans typically consider to be the teams payroll. The player salary in 2017 of $91.88M seems reasonable since they have a ~$75M payroll currently and some playoff runs could increase that budget in theory.

On another note, the number ratings are very odd to see in this game.

Edit: OR what MLB Bob said
Ok then it sounds good. Russell also addressed another concern that small market teams might eventually have Yankee type budgets. Glad I pre ordered and I am looking forward to the 6th.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #68
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
You can have all the graphics all you want I jus hope they have fixed the trade logic n amount of trades in this game. This game has the best graphics of any sports game on the PS3 to me graphics has been the biggest hindrance on gameplay this gen jus hope it goes back the other way on next gen.
I agree on some of that. Devs have been pushing way too hard on GFX but you can only do so much with a system this old. Graphics are a huge part of the medium, though. This game is going to be absolutely amazing as in draw dropping a couple years into the PS4. And gameplay is only getting better and better.

Next gen will only push harder but the low end is going to be so much easier to watch and play.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #69
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
I agree on some of that. Devs have been pushing way too hard on GFX but you can only do so much with a system this old. Graphics are a huge part of the medium, though. This game is going to be absolutely amazing as in draw dropping a couple years into the PS4. And gameplay is only getting better and better.
The CPU trading was talked about in the CD Franchise thread by a few members that attended the event. Your answer is in there.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #70
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
The CPU trading was talked about in the CD Franchise thread by a few members that attended the event. Your answer is in there.
I think you quoted the wrong guy but yeah trading has been addressed from what I hear. Gameplay for this looks to be golden.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
Looks good but one concern. So in 4 years the royals payroll is at 121m. I know its nice to be a fan of a small market team and dream of this after successful seasons, but as the A's have shown having successful seasons does not always equal large payrolls.?
Yeah, and keep in mind only about $90m of that was player salary, not $121m. It will be interesting to see if the dynamic between player salary pricing and team salary is accurate enough to ensure that there is some thought in your personnel moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #72
Rookie

ginny's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Correct. Everything you see in the franchise ticker is within your virtual world... to differentiate, the left of the ticker will display the 'MLB13' badge.

However, real world info is displayed outside of any particular mode (basically, on the main game menu) - and any real life info will have the MLB logo next to it.

-- Sent from the Future...
I take it we'll still have the option to turn off real world ticker updates?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »