Home

MLB 13 The Show Video Q&A with Ramone Russell (Some Gameplay Included)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video Q&A with Ramone Russell (Some Gameplay Included) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video Q&A with Ramone Russell (Some Gameplay Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
These are exceptions not the rule. We don't make a habit of adding features after the game is code locked.

The feedback threads will be posted and opened just like every other year around the begging of April and closed a few weeks later.
I'm late to the party...but I'll keep it as simple as it comes....thank you!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #98
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
These are exceptions not the rule. We don't make a habit of adding features after the game is code locked.

The feedback threads will be posted and opened just like every other year around the begging of April and closed a few weeks later.
That is what I am referring to. I guess my concern is if that window is so short why not allow users to provide input for a longer time, open it earlier perhaps and make it clear what its for. I think a lot of people post in wishlist threads, anywhere on OS, and in feedback threads opened after the cutoff that you mentioned that they don't get their feedback in at all in time because they don't know where to post or don't know about the cutoff.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #99
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

I think maybe because they are not a crappy wedding DJ that is taking requests all night, they are a game developer that is making THEIR game and using a lot of different feed back streams to help when they see fit.

They are making a game and SCEA knows their restrictions, capabilities, direction and innovation of their own product better than we do. Im sure they look at a lot of threads constantly and I doubt much gets by where they are saying to themselves "man we really missed out this year making the show because we didnt keep that thread open longer"

Im sure some of the suggestion made here drive the creators nuts that certain things even get asked for and fussed about so much.

Sometimes we have to just realize that they are making a product for us, not allowing us to dictate what game we want them to make, cause I sure as hell dont agree with a lot of stuff written in these threads, Im just grateful they even bother coming here.

Last edited by MLB Bob; 01-29-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #100
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
I think maybe because they are not a crappy wedding DJ that is taking requests all night, they are a game developer that is making THEIR game and using a lot of different feed back streams to help when they see fit.

They are making a game and SCEA knows their restrictions, capabilities, direction and innovation of their own. Im sure they look at alot of threads constantly and I doubt much goes by where they are saying to them selves "man we really missed out this year making the show because we didnt keep that thread open longer"

Im sure some of the suggestion made here drive the creators nuts that certain things even get asked for and fussed about so much.

Sometimes we have to just realize that they are making a product for us, not allowing us to dictate what game we want them to make, cause I sure as hell dont agree with a lot of stuff written in these threads, Im just grateful they even bother coming here.

:f reddy::w oot:
Old 01-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #101
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

If I hadn't already pre-ordered (and paid off) the game, I'd go out tonight and do it after reading this thread. SCEA/SDS are more responsive to their customers than any studio I've ever seen. Combine it with the fact that they put out an amazing game and I feel like they deserve my money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #102
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

confused, from Hitter at TSN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITTERSAURUS-REX
Sup Show'teers.. Here's somethings that may have been under your radar

1st - On Jan 27th MLB no longer will accept a pitcher faking 3rd to 1st, as it now will be called a balk in Live Baseball Games. So seeing that on MLB'13 "should" be a thing of the past. Click to >Read Further

2nd - If you have not yet noticed, in almost all the MLB'13 demo videos that the ingame Pitch/AB History/Track Placement OSD has gone back to what was originally shown on MLB'9 Nice Solid, Bright & Distinguishable color display

3rd - What was considered not to be making it into this year, at the very, very last minute SDS found a way to incorporate the MPH into your ScoreBug "The pitch type/speed will just always be displayed in the score bug regardless of the Pitch Callout setting"

Just thought I share, hope you enjoyed the short read
Old 01-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #103
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
confused, from Hitter at TSN
Nothing new there...

1 - he's saying that 3rd to 1st fakes by pitchers are now considered a balk in the real MLB. (The move has been removed from the game)

2 - the pitch type callout colors are now bright again, so you can easily distinguish what type of pitch was thrown by color. In '10 thru '12 it was hard to tell between the darker burgandy and navy, and green and grey.

3 - what we discussed earlier on OS, the pitch type and speed will flash in the scorebug at all times, even with pitch callout set to OFF.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 01-29-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #104
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
This was not in at CES build and it wasn't going to be in this years game.
No...Ramone isn't just about to tell us that this got in...

Quote:
However.........................I walk into the office this morning and Br....Woodweaver
Whoa! He's so excited that he almost used Woodweaver's real life name!!! Damn!!! In his next post, is he gonna call me Ry...

Quote:
pulls me into his office and says "is this what they want?" I look at him with the crazy eyes and go yeah that's it. Is it going to break something else? Then another conversation ensued anyway long story short. He made an 12:01 change to satisfy you guys.
NO WAY!!!! Freaking awesome! Did I ever mention that Woodweaver is one of my all-time favorite OS...

LOL!

This is excellent! Thank you Ramone and WW. Somehow I missed this update. And as a CPU vs. CPU player, I can't even begin to express how cool of an update this is! Thanks again, guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »