Home

MLB 13 The Show Video Q&A with Ramone Russell (Some Gameplay Included)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video Q&A with Ramone Russell (Some Gameplay Included) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video Q&A with Ramone Russell (Some Gameplay Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
This was not in at CES build and it wasn't going to be in this years game.

However.........................I walk into the office this morning and Br....Woodweaver pulls me into his office and says "is this what they want?" I look at him with the crazy eyes and go yeah that's it. Then another conversation ensued anyway long story short. He made an 12:01 change to satisfy you guys.
It's things like this that prove SCEA is a superior development team.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #74
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Ahhh, I guess the thinking is that including the pitch type is like having the pitch called out in a fashion, so OFF means nothing at all. Maybe there should be another setting. OFF and FULL will work the way they do now. A new one, let's call it PARTIAL, will work the way SIMPLE does now, and the "new" SIMPLE will work the way you are describing it.
*in my best Ramone voice*

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Quote:

However.........................I walk into the office this morning and Br....Woodweaver pulls me into his office and says "is this what they want?" I look at him with the crazy eyes and go yeah that's it. Then another conversation ensued anyway long story short. He made an 12:01 change to satisfy you guys.
Wowwww, I don't know what so say... *tear*

I won't get all sentimental on the boards tho. Thanks Ramone and Br... err Woodweaver, lol.

Spoiler

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 01-29-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #75
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

However.........................I walk into the office this morning and Br....Woodweaver pulls me into his office and says "is this what they want?" I look at him with the crazy eyes and go yeah that's it. Is it going to break something else? Then another conversation ensued anyway long story short. He made an 12:01 change to satisfy you guys.

What can't you guys do?
And this is more than just being able to put something in.... it's going above and beyond what was required/expected for this community (and a minority of consumers).
Well done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #76
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

So, just as a point of clarification:

Ramone pointed out that the Pitch Callout option referred specifically to the information displayed in/around the strike zone. It should have no affect on the information displayed in the score bug. So, no new option. The pitch type/speed will just always be displayed in the score bug regardless of the Pitch Callout setting.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #77
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Just trying to get a handle on this request...

So, you want the just the pitch speed to show ALL the time regardless of the call out setting?

For example, with call out set to SIMPLE or FULL, you will see CH 82 MPH flash in the score bug, but with OFF you will just see 82MPH?
Quote:
Ahhh, I guess the thinking is that including the pitch type is like having the pitch called out in a fashion, so OFF means nothing at all. Maybe there should be another setting. OFF and FULL will work the way they do now. A new one, let's call it PARTIAL, will work the way SIMPLE does now, and the "new" SIMPLE will work the way you are describing it.
Quote:

However.........................I walk into the office this morning and Br....Woodweaver pulls me into his office and says "is this what they want?" I look at him with the crazy eyes and go yeah that's it. Is it going to break something else? Then another conversation ensued anyway long story short. He made an 12:01 change to satisfy you guys.
Quote:
So, just as a point of clarification:

Ramone pointed out that the Pitch Callout option referred specifically to the information displayed in/around the strike zone. It should have no affect on the information displayed in the score bug. So, no new option. The pitch type/speed will just always be displayed in the score bug regardless of the Pitch Callout setting.
THIS IS AMAZING! And why I really hope some form of request/feedback thread is opened for the short window that Russell described.

Although I am a bit confused.

Did everyone want the pitch type in the scorebug? I was thinking only the MPH would be displayed like a broadcast.

I can't recall if the pitch type is displayed or not in MLB 12. I rarely looked at it since I always have pitch callout on. Or was it? I cant remember now.

Either way I could care less at this point! This is pretty big.

Edit: Nope, its always been that way. Never really noticed since I keep the pitch callout on. Glad that its in the game at all! Maybe something to tweak for broadcast presentation purposes though later on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mlb 12 scorebug.jpg (2.5 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg mlb 13 scorebug.jpg (7.2 KB, 153 views)

Last edited by MrOldboy; 01-29-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #78
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
THIS IS AMAZING! And why I really hope some form of request/feedback thread is opened for the short window that Russell described.

Although I am a bit confused.

Did everyone want the pitch type in the scorebug? I was thinking only the MPH would be displayed like a broadcast.

I can't recall if the pitch type is displayed or not in MLB 12. I rarely looked at it since I always have pitch callout on. Or was it? I cant remember now.

Either way I could care less at this point! This is pretty big.

Edit: Nope, its always been that way. Never really noticed since I keep the pitch callout on. Glad that its in the game at all! Maybe something to tweak for broadcast presentation purposes though later on.
Not a big deal of course but I am kind of in agreement that we should only see the MPH on the scorebug and not the Pitch Type. Just like how it's done on real baseball boardcasts.

Maybe it could be changed for MLB 14 The Show if it's already to late for 13.

Last edited by tnixen; 01-29-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #79
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Just trying to get a handle on this request...

So, you want the just the pitch speed to show ALL the time regardless of the call out setting?

For example, with call out set to SIMPLE or FULL, you will see CH 82 MPH flash in the score bug, but with OFF you will just see 82MPH?
Reading back it was going to be just changing the scorebug callout, not exactly what we wanted, but ultimately it got done correctly. Just not with the spitch type removed as well. But with such a last minute change I don't see how they could have it only display the MPH since the callout has it already configured to show both. I'd assume that new setting just separates the two (scorebug display and strike zone callout) and only displays the scorebug now.

I'd think that changing the scorebug display would require some graphical work on the display since it would need to be changed to only show the MPH. I don't know if that's as simple as not displaying the text for pitch type.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #80
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Reading back it was going to be just changing the scorebug callout, not exactly what we wanted, but ultimately it got done correctly. Just not with the spitch type removed as well. But with such a last minute change I don't see how they could have it only display the MPH since the callout has it already configured to show both. I'd assume that new setting just separates the two (scorebug display and strike zone callout) and only displays the scorebug now.

I'd think that changing the scorebug display would require some graphical work on the display since it would need to be changed to only show the MPH. I don't know if that's as simple as not displaying the text for pitch type.

In MLB 14 The Show here is how I hope it will be.

In stead of seeing "Pitch Type/MPH" we will now see "Pitch Count/MPH"

So it will always show the Pitch Count and then after every pitch it will flash the MPH and then go right back to "Pitch Count" before the next pitch!

Last edited by tnixen; 01-29-2013 at 03:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »