Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #241
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB The Show 13 Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballking888
The Cano stance isn't that bad. Not too sure why I've seen people complaining about it.
The '13 version is missing the bat wiggle he does as he loads up. I know what they were going for with this new one, its just missing an important part.

Here's a perfect example -- http://tinyurl.com/arq7spo

Last edited by Shakedowncapo; 01-16-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by todder85
All Star Baseball 2005 had roof open/closed and even closing. I remember playing at Safeco and watching the roof close as it moves along the tracks.
I don't see how blue jay fans get over the roof not closing. If they were my favorite team I would still have trouble playing with them because of that. I'm sure many people are like me in that I want everything as realistic as possible and the roof not closing making you play in 35 degree weather is just too unrealistic.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #243
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
I don't see how blue jay fans get over the roof not closing. If they were my favorite team I would still have trouble playing with them because of that. I'm sure many people are like me in that I want everything as realistic as possible and the roof not closing making you play in 35 degree weather is just too unrealistic.
What I don't understand is why there can't just be two different stadiums one open and one closed. Would be some work and some extra data on the disc/install, but like a lot of people I don't get how this gets overlooked each year.

I don't care if its unrealistic that the roof is closed from the start of the game, its more unrealistic that it never closes.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #244
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
The '13 version is missing the bat wiggle he does as he loads up. I know what they were going for with this new one, its just missing an important part.

Here's a perfect example -- http://tinyurl.com/arq7spo
Meh, not a big deal to me. I'll just most likely find his old one on the generic stances.....
Old 01-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #245
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
Meh, not a big deal to me. I'll just most likely find his old one on the generic stances.....
There might be a chance they don't have it...ARod's batting chance changed, I doubt they will have his old one in as well, even though this one is better.

Fingers crossed though that we can put Cano's old stance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #246
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
There might be a chance they don't have it...ARod's batting chance changed, I doubt they will have his old one in as well, even though this one is better.

Fingers crossed though that we can put Cano's old stance.
Well i definitely hope they did put it in lol. If not, maybe his stance was just at a bad angle in the video
Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #247
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

The new stance is terrible, I agree. Without the bat swing while he steps whats the point? There are a few players that have a timing mechanism like this and its a shame they don't seem to get them in the game.

Some are weird though like Starlin Castro, he seems to change it game to game as his timing changes. But he does have a certain look that should be in the game, his old stance was pretty sucky. Cano's little wiggle is more consistent so I don't see why it can't be added to his stance. Cano's last year I thought was one of the best ones in the game, he did change his stance up last year though so I understand the change. But not going all the way with it makes it look worse than ever. They tend to change some players, just for the sake of changing it. Like Pujols, I though last year his stance was way worse, same with Arod. Yet they still have Ichiro's ****ty stance. I can't use Ichiro in the game as his stance just bugs me too much and their isn't anything to replace it with.

My favorite time of year is when videos start to show up on the game and people complain or cheer the new stances. I've said it before, but its the one thing the devs can do to instantly make the game feel more authentic. I wish they would invest more resources into just making a bunch of new stances and pitching motions each year. It might seem like a small addition since its not something that you can advertise as a new addition. But it make a huge difference in practice one people get the new game in their hands.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #248
Rookie

REALLY like what I saw and heard from this video. One of the major additions to me will be post-season mode. I, and I am sure most people do, love to simulations of the playoffs or even past seasons. It seems like they are putting a ton of work into making the playoff atmosphere be unlike any other sports title, which is awesome!

As for the new batting stances for the Yankees. It might be the camera angle, but Jeter's does not look all that good to me. Cano's needs to be fixed or just give him his old one. A-Rod's looks much better than last year's, and Granderson's looks better as well, but, I couldn't really tell if they gave him his two handed follow through this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »