Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #313
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

If I may get a few questions answered, I would really appreciate it.

1. Are requests like editing player potentials added into the game? Or do we still have to re-create the player and import them over a player with a higher potential?

2. Is there any chance the rating bar is removed and player's overalls are number-based?

3. Though this may be similar to question 1, but is there any chance that everything about a player can be edited? (Face, Age, DOB, Potential, Hair, Facial hair, etc.)

Thank you in advance for the responses. Can't wait to get my hands on MLB 13 The Show!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #314
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
Then, go back and re-read what I wrote (the part you were initially replying to). I simply asked which direction The Show is going on. I know that I'm not the only one wondering about this. Every gamer should be concerned about the direction game publishers are moving in.
OK enough of the nonsense. I want to know if the new balk rule is implemented and whether player chatter in RTTS comes in different languages (seeing as now translators are allowed to the pitching mound)?

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
CFB: Minnesota Gophers
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #315
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Then, go back and re-read what I wrote (the part you were initially replying to). I simply asked which direction The Show is going on. I know that I'm not the only one wondering about this. Every gamer should be concerned about the direction game publishers are moving in.
The Show looks like it's moving in a damn good direction to me.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #316
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Your argument seems plausible, for the most part. The part in question is the assertion that we are asking SCEA to "focus" on something that's actually very easy to implement. (I have a programming background, by the way). The feature in question has been asked about for years.
Nothing is quite as easy as you may believe when it comes to game design. Last year I asked about having the team logo attached to the player card with each year. They tried to get it in, but the way that the game is set up and data is handled, that one extra bit of info, would be too much data for the save file. Seems easy...add one more thing....like a database....but not so..

Games are complicated software that has multiple different things that can cause the game not to work correctly...

Just an fyi
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #317
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Wow. I usually buy every other year with the show but the overhauls to franchise and rtts may make me change my mind and pick up this years down the line. Wow.

... BTW any of you community day guys can say if the CAP has any changes like hair styles and such?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #318
Banned

OVR: 27

Folks, we are at that time of the year when people can't be appreciative of what SCEA gives us year in and year out. The best baseball game on the market.

Every year I see these whining and complaining posts. Just stop and be happy you have a great game to play. No game is ever perfect, and you aren't always going to get what you want. Deal with it and just have fun with it.

If everything that is listed on that long fact sheet isn't good enough for you, then don't buy the game. Simple as that. More copies for the people that do appreciate it.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #319
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Spoiler

Here you go rovert:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
If I may get a few questions answered, I would really appreciate it.

1. Are requests like editing player potentials added into the game? Or do we still have to re-create the player and import them over a player with a higher potential? No. Yes.

2. Is there any chance the rating bar is removed and player's overalls are number-based? Both bars and numbers. (The latter in which I plan to start a thread and petition against, because I don't like them.) j/k. Of course.

3. Though this may be similar to question 1, but is there any chance that everything about a player can be edited? (Face, Age, DOB, Potential, Hair, Facial hair, etc.) Only on CAPs, and potential can't be edited at all.

Thank you in advance for the responses. Can't wait to get my hands on MLB 13 The Show!

YouTube

Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #320
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtrain
OK enough of the nonsense. I want to know if the new balk rule is implemented and whether player chatter in RTTS comes in different languages (seeing as now translators are allowed to the pitching mound)?
I'm not buying the game if this didnt make it in....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »