Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #241
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

I get the sense that some people think SCEA is lying or exaggerating about pushing the PS3 to its memory limit with the beautiful graphics and tons of options in every mode the game needs to store.

Newsflash: this is the end of a very long console cycle and the team is doing what it should by tightening up the experience to get the best PS3 version we can possibly have.

Save the next gen features to actually wow you on next gen rather than being poorly done now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #242
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Ya I wish we could watch rain fall from the dug out..nothing else, just sit there in 1st person view and watch rain come down. best...game...experience...ever...
I can only dream of the day when the show incorporates this into the game. Imagine the possibilities.....intermittent thunderstorms, a downpour, maybe throw in there a light mist for good measure. Oh and how about controlling the field crew, maybe make an RTS type mini game where you have to cover the field with a tarp or possibly a first person mini game that has the player raking the pitcher's mound before play commences again. Ah the possibilities.....

Now back to my serious self.......this fact sheet is awesome and there are a lot of new features which although to some might not seem that large, are much needed and I firmly believe this will be the most immersive sports game of all time.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #243
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Ya I wish we could watch rain fall from the dug out..nothing else, just sit there in 1st person view and watch rain come down. best...game...experience...ever...
I do think some element of a rain out or rain shortened game should be introduced into the game. It would be kind of cool if you go to start your game and the opening intro shows you the field with the tarp on and rain coming down. Having the announcers letting you know they got word the game has been postponed and has been schedule as a next day double hitter or scheduled at a later date. Just adds another level of immersion and strategy.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #244
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Mr Knight....

I don't see FF per batter in that list

I hope you haven't been playing games with me all this time...
Old 01-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #245
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

I was going to make a sarcastic post about people wanting to be the grounds crew and cut your own stadiums grass, but I can guarantee there's probably a lot of people on here that would love that mode.

So no one wants to play the game anymore, they want to do anything and everything else...maybe its time for a new game called "ball park tycoon" where theres no actual baseball, just all the other stuff..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #246
Rookie

OVR: 0

So continuing with my negative nancy self, looks like RTTS and Franchise will likely be VERY similar to previous years. I hope at least some of the glaring bugs from previous years that have been lingering for quite some time will have finally been resolved.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #247
Pro

OVR: 6

Okay, I have read through all 25 pages and I have not seen anyone mention anything about these few things.

Before the 50 facts, it talks about promotions and demontions. Do you think that CPU teams will finally demote under-performing players, and promote players that are doing well at AAA? I sure hope so.

Also, with The Show Live. Do you think that we will now be getting daily roster updates instead of weekly? One would have to think so in order for them to keep up with real lineups for each game.

Just some of my thoughts. Overall, this is an unbelievable list and I can't wait for Knight's rosters. March 5th is just a tease day. The real SHOW starts when those rosters hit.

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #248
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHitman14
So continuing with my negative nancy self, looks like RTTS and Franchise will likely be VERY similar to previous years. I hope at least some of the glaring bugs from previous years that have been lingering for quite some time will have finally been resolved.
After seeing RTTS in action, it hardly seemed similar to last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »