Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #217
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's too bad SCEA doesn't have any competition or imagine the things they would have done.

drip....drip

Looks like they only focused on cleets and the color of socks....blah...blah...blah...

more dripping in case you needed to told.

Where is he anyway?

M.K.
Knight165
watching tv?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #218
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
lol and a lot more comeback mode talk. How come the AI batter is always ahead in the count in the later innings and Im behind in the count.
LOL I can see people already complaining about generated counts. The CPU cheats me. "0-2 count with bases loaded" "I can't figure out pitch sequence"

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
CFB: Minnesota Gophers
Old 01-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #219
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

On an a much more important note...related to generated counts.

Ramone is an advocate ......and I think the rest of the dev team is open to the reasons why a lot of people want it in(to get further into seasons in franchise mode...which would increase the relevance of all the work that the team is putting into franchise mode)....but they want to figure out a way to do it correctly.

They want the reasons for the *-* count to be what it is..not just an arbitrary pick a number and that's going to take some extra programming time.

Patience.

(although I also hope they include the ability to pick a particular count (all the possibilities).....a hitters count....pitchers count and a random count as well.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #220
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Looking at this list of new features/fixes makes me wonder why madden/mlb2k won't do the same thing, it's honestly a shame.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #221
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

To me the generated counts are neutral. I play every game every pitch in my franchise. If people want it that's great but how much time would it really save you? Just because you get a 2-0, 1-2,3-0 count doesn't mean the AB won't go another 6-7 pitches.... I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and someone will tell me I'll get a game done in half the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #222
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Foul tip outs were active in November so unless there was a tragedy with it in the game it still should be there.

The button accuracy is along the lines of analog where you now control your velocity and accuracy on the throw with a button press. If I recall correctly your initial press determined velocity and how long you held the button activated a line toward the different sections of the meter (red yellow green) which determined your accuracy. I am interested in how the finished product turned out, as it was a work in progress when we were there.
Sounds interesting.
Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #223
Rookie

OVR: 4

It sounds like a lot of though was put into this game and to see people still complaining just proves how spoiled we've become. Not all features can be put into a game in one year, it takes time. The Show is still one of the best games out and 50 upgrades is more than Madden or Mlb 2k has ever given us. They didnt give us fluff and marketing gimmicks like some of the other games, out the 50 upgrades I've seen at least 45 have been asked for by the community. Heck, I see 4 that I personally have been asking for.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #224
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Waiting for tvman and the usual suspects to like his post.

M.K.
Knight165
I have no doubt the game will be sweet, but no features (on either game's fact sheet) look at all interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »