Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Gameplay, Discussion on User Interface and More

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Gameplay, Discussion on User Interface and More within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #89
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Gameplay, Discussion on User Interface and

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
No updated stance for Miggy!! Come on man!!
He did his own mo-cap for his stance soooooooooooooooooooooooooo you can call him and tell him it's not accurate if you want.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #90
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Gameplay, Discussion on User Interface and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Put this in the CD thread for franchise/editor.
I'll see about it there.

You're talking about CPU vs. CPU games, right...because I see it in all other modes with pitch callout set to FULL(and it states in the description that with it not on full it will only show the balls final location)

However, in CPU vs. CPU games.....they strikezone marker and all other OSD's are off, so you will not see it there(meaning they won't put it in there)

You want to see it flash on the scorebug as if you were playing the game, correct?

M.K.
Knight165

I'm not DodgerFanatic2K3 but I'd like to see that.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:48 AM   #91
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
He did his own mo-cap for his stance soooooooooooooooooooooooooo you can call him and tell him it's not accurate if you want.
I think The Kid 24 was meaning to say that Miggy didn't put as much effort as he could in his mo cap session.... maybe something got lost in translation, though it would be hard believe there's no Spanish translator in San Diego...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 01:53 AM   #92
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Didn't see this mentioned, but the CPU AI for bullpens being updated would be huge for me. Lefty/lefty match-ups happen in every game in the late innings. The CPU should be smart enough to match-up accordingly in game. This has been a sore spot in previous versions.
Actually Russell mentioned EXACTLY what you say here, improved CPU AI for bullpens and pitching matchups. There's like a billion videos on the first page right now, so I couldn't tell you which one, but I'm 100% sure I heard him say it in one of these videos... today even. (well yesterday now with midnight and such)

Edit: Actually it was the video in the OP of THIS topic -_- go figure. Skip to about 2:20, and enjoy

Last edited by Bobhead; 01-11-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:42 AM   #93
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

Put this in the CD thread for franchise/editor.
I'll see about it there.

Thanks

You're talking about CPU vs. CPU games, right...because I see it in all other modes with pitch callout set to FULL(and it states in the description that with it not on full it will only show the balls final location)

Yes I was but the MPH still appears on the scorebug in regular games even when the pitch callout is on simple (even though it doesn't mention it) and it would be great to see it work when it's OFF

However, in CPU vs. CPU games.....they strikezone marker and all other OSD's are off, so you will not see it there(meaning they won't put it in there)

You want to see it flash on the scorebug as if you were playing the game, correct?

Yes..... It would be nice to see the MPH flash on the scorebug in CPU vs CPU games because it would enhance the broadcast experience when you just want to kick back and watch a game

M.K.
Knight165
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 01-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #94
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think you saw that FT said it's in there.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #95
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

Weird that Miggy did his own mo-cap and that's the final result. I think we can agree that doesn't look much like his stance. Seems like there's just not enough moving parts as there are in real life. Hopefully another one in the game is more accurate. This one looks just like it did last year. Doesn't have the foot thing he does, timing mechanism I guess. In real life he's constantly moving. I guess like nomo said he just didn't put much effort into it. Very weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #96
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Sorry if not the appropriate place but any word on whether we'll be able to import past RTTS seasons (or franchises for that matter) into the new game?

Being able to keep one dude going from title to title would be fantastic. I got in about 6 RTTS seasons or so last year and I feel like I'm just hitting my prime. *chuckle*

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »