Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #857
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I've asked before, but pleeeease add a "player finder" feature. It would be great to simply type in a players name and have the game find him instead of having to scroll thru hundreds and hundreds of players. That would be great.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #858
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I have three things that could use improvements;

1) Stealing - The button controls to release a guy to steal are very difficult. One button to increase lead, one to decrease/diveback and one to steal as soon as you press it to try and time the pitcher delivery.

2) Off season Life - Insert some winter negotiation stories, rumors on where guys could be going, contract negotiations and maybe some speculation on players health. Just some offseason analysis to get through the off season tasks.

3) Throwing - I think this is in the works, but a better throwing mechanism to give more control on risk/reward for playing it safe or gunning down a runner.

Other than that, this is a great game and the only one I buy every year.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #859
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2

Love to MoM! I often think the addition of "auto-hit" is all it would take to make this mode worthwhile.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #860
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm sure it's been mentioned but now with scouting and development being a more promo ate feature making the draft and off season more in depth, I'd like to see spring training be treated the same.

I think it would be cool to have players start spring training with some skills such as contact, vision/discipline and the fielding attributes are "handicapped" and as you progress (both with more AB's and success) that you could potential start the season on a hot streak or a cold streak or nutural Also, before you start you can select some players to work on fielding and switch positions or add secondary positions.

For pitchers you have to "stretch them out" by giving them innings to increase their stamina and work on control, break and mph. Also the ability to convert RP to starters or starters to closers ( stretching out a RP adding to his stamina and taking a starter and working on a deadly secondary pitch or add a pitch and increase clutch to become a closer type).

I think this should be an option for those who want to play ST and if people want to skip it and go right to the regular season everything just starts neutral
Old 12-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #861
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Two words:

Working weather

Two more:

Rain Cancellations

Three more:

Make it optional
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #862
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Two words:

Working weather

Two more:

Rain Cancellations

Three more:

Make it optional
All this won't make sense if no closed roof versions of Houston,Arizona,Miami, Toronto, Seattle and Milwaukee. Don't need closing transition, just the option to play on one of those. They made DLC of Classic Stadiums, I don't mind to pay 5$ for those as well.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #863
Banned

OVR: 18

I would like to see fewer dropped third strikes.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #864
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

If we can edit contracts in a better way, i may never play another game.
Want to follow my Franchises? Join my discord: https://discord.gg/nHbNCWmmGs

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »