Home

Just a Few More MLB 13 The Show Features Revealed

This is a discussion on Just a Few More MLB 13 The Show Features Revealed within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-06-2012, 02:12 AM   #57
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Just a Few More MLB 13 The Show Features Revealed

"Energize your gameplay with the faster, simpler games available in the newly improved Play Now mode." This is all I needed to hear. Love that they added this.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:20 AM   #58
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy

Every damn thread...
Yeah, until something is done about the grass and dirt we see in ever baseball stadium every game we ever go to, then this is going to be brought up by a myriad number of people. It's something that simply cannot be overlooked year after year. I don't care if you think it is whining. When I go to a stadium these are some of the things that stand out and they are sorely lacking in the best sports game out there.

And they are not that hard to fix! That is what the whole problem is. I see modders do beyond excellent grass and clouds so I know a paid dev team is capable of these things.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
Yeah, until something is done about the grass and dirt we see in ever baseball stadium every game we ever go to, then this is going to be brought up by a myriad number of people. It's something that simply cannot be overlooked year after year. I don't care if you think it is whining. When I go to a stadium these are some of the things that stand out and they are sorely lacking in the best sports game out there.

And they are not that hard to fix! That is what the whole problem is. I see modders do beyond excellent grass and clouds so I know a paid dev team is capable of these things.
I don't think modders aren't on the same time and budget restrictions the Sony San Diego team is on.
They are capable of doing it, its just a matter of if they have time/money to get to it, when also adding features they had as a higher priority, as well as catering to us OCD gamers on here, with adding the little things.

We know by now, if something isn't in the Show, its always due to one of these three things.

- time
- money
- system capabilities

Also, we don't know if its too hard to fix, plus, who knows if doing the grass messes something else up? Most likely not, but we don't know.

If we want something in there, chances are the Show team does as well.
If they put everything we wanted in the game, it would come out once a console cycle.
lol

Last edited by econoodle; 12-06-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I'd love to find out there is a way to convert a MLB 12 franchise save to continue my league in MLB 13.
This!
And do it for RTTS as well, please!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #61
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Actually, it is not as easy as you think. Well, the addition of higher texture grass probably is, but you have to realize that with that comes a compromise; usually in the realm of framerate. I think it is a good balance on the environments overall. Take the games that have "3D grass", then look at the crowds/sidelines in those games... And realize that those mods you speak of are for PC versions of games. As much as people think that these consoles are supercomputers, there are many limitations that developers have to work around. I think SD Studios takes better advantage of the given hardware than anyone out there, aside from few other, Sony first-party teams.

So it's not a case of it being overlooked, or ignored, it's just not going to be done at the expense of overall game quality. Like econoodle said, they want these things just as much as we do.

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #62
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

I do realize they are for PC as I play them on my high-end PC. It doesn't have to be high-res textures and it doesn't really have to be extremely demanding clouds. All it takes is some creativity and objective analysis of how clouds and grass look. Right now they are pretty mediocre if you ask me. And I'm not sure we are the same page. Who ever mentioned 3D grass? As if the PS3 has a chance in hell of pulling that off decently in a sports game.

This is still a lowly 720p we are talking about here. It's nothing special. We aren't talking high-res anything just improved and more realistic look to what is already there. Plenty of games on PS3 like Killzone and Uncharted and a lot of other games have shown much of this is capable with higher budgets and it has even trickled down to lower budget games at this point. Modders are not exactly modding JUST for high-res machines I don't see your point at all. Lower your resolution and framerate and the mod still works and it still looks great. It has nothing to do with taxing the system really. We are talking some grass textures and better clouds. That isn't going to ruin a PS3 lol. These guys have some outstanding hookups so I know it is possible.

I'll give you the PS3 is an ancient machine but I never said I was expecting 3D grass and 1080p 60fps so.... I also said the main problem is color matching and it IS a huge problem. I don't know but if anybody here actually attends baseball games I don't know how you wouldn't want improvements in the color area.

Last edited by Unit303; 12-06-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #63
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
I do realize they are for PC as I play them on my high-end PC. It doesn't have to be high-res textures and it doesn't really have to be extremely demanding clouds. All it takes is some creativity and objective analysis of how clouds and grass look. Right now they are pretty mediocre if you ask me. And I'm not sure we are the same page. Who ever mentioned 3D grass? As if the PS3 has a chance in hell of pulling that off decently in a sports game.

This is still a lowly 720p we are talking about here. It's nothing special. We aren't talking high-res anything just improved and more realistic look to what is already there. Plenty of games on PS3 like Killzone and Uncharted and a lot of other games have shown much of this is capable with higher budgets and it has even trickled down to lower budget games at this point. Modders are not exactly modding JUST for high-res machines I don't see your point at all. Lower your resolution and framerate and the mod still works and it still looks great. It has nothing to do with taxing the system really. We are talking some grass textures and better clouds. That isn't going to ruin a PS3 lol. These guys have some outstanding hookups so I know it is possible.

I'll give you the PS3 is an ancient machine but I never said I was expecting 3D grass and 1080p 60fps so.... I also said the main problem is color matching and it IS a huge problem. I don't know but if anybody here actually attends baseball games I don't know how you wouldn't want improvements in the color area.
Then just except its a conspiracy to keep grass and clouds from looking real. Just because it isnt 110% accurate doesnt means its trash. Priorities, and to some, their opinions about what is a priority doesnt match what they want. Its not like the grass is purple instead of green or clouds are tigerstriped, they are doing more than an acceptable job, IMO.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #64
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

The clouds and grass textures are acceptable. The hideous color matching is not IMO. They set the bar not me. When fields don't look even 5% like their real life counterparts, as in Toronto, you do have to take a look at what is going on with the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »