Home

Just a Few More MLB 13 The Show Features Revealed

This is a discussion on Just a Few More MLB 13 The Show Features Revealed within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #73
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Just a Few More MLB 13 The Show Features Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I'd love to find out there is a way to convert a MLB 12 franchise save to continue my league in MLB 13.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
This!
And do it for RTTS as well, please!
I've asked for this for a couple years now. Apparently they can't/won't/aren't able to do it....so they say.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #74
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I've asked for this for a couple years now. Apparently they can't/won't/aren't able to do it....so they say.
Yep, it's a conspiracy so only they can keep their files from year to year

If they could implement it without messing everything else up they would.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #75
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Yep, it's a conspiracy so only they can keep their files from year to year

If they could implement it without messing everything else up they would.
I believe it is something they are open to but have not figured a way where it would not cause a train wreck when loaded up into the current game. The littlest misalignment throws the game way off. Heck, sometimes rosters released for the current version of the game throw it off and freeze. Just imagine what a previous version's save file would do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #76
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I believe it is something they are open to but have not figured a way where it would not cause a train wreck when loaded up into the current game. The littlest misalignment throws the game way off. Heck, sometimes rosters released for the current version of the game throw it off and freeze. Just imagine what a previous version's save file would do.
Yep, the files are so complex that as Knight was saying, simply putting in the team abbreviation into player cards is not so simple. We can hope that the move to the ps4 might make it easier, but I wouldn't be so certain.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #77
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Yep, the files are so complex that as Knight was saying, simply putting in the team abbreviation into player cards is not so simple. We can hope that the move to the ps4 might make it easier, but I wouldn't be so certain.
Considering portions of the game will be rewritten for the PS4, maybe it could be developed with that goal in mind of having the ability to continue your current franchise into the newest version. I can ask at CD and see if there is any info to share.

Last edited by nemesis04; 12-11-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #78
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
If memory serves, and sometimes it doesn't, I think they would like to do something like this but haven't been able to make it work. I know they tried to get the import player feature to work with existing franchises when they rolled it out 2 years ago and it didn't go well. So my guess is this is something they would do if they could. Just my opinion though.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #79
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
If memory serves, and sometimes it doesn't, I think they would like to do something like this but haven't been able to make it work. I know they tried to get the import player feature to work with existing franchises when they rolled it out 2 years ago and it didn't go well. So my guess is this is something they would do if they could. Just my opinion though.
I think what makes it tough is when they make changes to franchise. Let's say they added a statistic that wasn't there in previous years, like uhh... like ground outs and fly outs, I don't know (that might be in there for all I know). What happens when they computer GO/AO ratios, and previous years don't have them tracked for players, they divide by zero, and the game crashes? Stuff like that.

I think the easiest way for them to do that is if they assure themselves that they don't touch any of the franchise code for two years straight. Even then it still might be a hassle.

Definitely the biggest requested feature for all sports games, though. It would make buying the next season's game easier, knowing I can stick with my same franchise.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0
I hate to bring the grass/dirt argument back up but I look at the dirt more from how it affects the uniforms. The players look like old black & white clips with dust all over them after dives/slides. Players nowadays look like they've been painted almost after they slide or dive. That's more important to me than just the color of the grass. The dirt color and how it looks on uniforms is more pressing. That could also be why they haven't gotten to it. Might not be hard to change the colors but might take more work to adjust uniform degradation to match.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »