Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #737
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I would like to see the inclusion of ball boys/girls. I also think it would be pretty neat to have two extra umpires down the left and right field lines in the playoffs.

Also, as always, a revamped commentary system. Get some new guys in and have it flow better and not sound so robotic.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #738
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Smoother body movements on the fielders when manually changing directions.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #739
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Urgency in animations, at least when needed...
Im fine when a player is moving slow and laxed to get back to a base or whatever when the situation is right...
But when your trying to get back to a base to avoid getting picked off and the baserunner does his little 4 step trot back to the base and easily gets picked rather than rushing back with a quick long step...

What Im saying is, make the animations more real, speed-wise... in a hectic situation your going to rush, in a laxed situation your going to be calmer... I feel like there's 1 speed for both of those animations(and its the latter)

Also make games quicker, I love playing a few seasons, especially trying to progress my prospects along to the majors but I find myself simming more games every year and losing interests because so...

AND, make modes interactive, like the ability to import players from a new roster set to an existing franchise so you wont have to restart to use them... I would LOVE This!
Or Taking a player from a franchise and using him in RTTS or vise-versa...

Last edited by TGov; 11-24-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #740
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

I just want better animations and fields.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #741
Rookie

riotmonster's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm sure it's been mentioned a hundred times but franchise retirements and trades make that mode almost unplayable, and that's mostly the mode I buy the game for. 35 year old All Stars don't retire due to age especially if they're under contract, good players don't retire because of poor free agency, etc. As for trades in the game, they happen way too often and rarely make any sense. I'd like to see a slider for trade frequency, and no retirements on players unless they're really really bad or old and finished with their current contract

That's my biggest problem with this game.

An expansion team mode is still something I'd love to see, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Last edited by riotmonster; 11-24-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #742
Pro

OVR: 5

A few more things:

1) the weather needs to be updated! it's not 40 degrees in Boston through June!

2) in the same vein as the above, get rid of the automatic long sleeves when it's cold. make those optional.

3) there are way too many times when a ball is hit just foul and the fielder reaches over and catches it. this happens WAY TOO OFTEN, when in real life, it's a much rarer occurrence.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #743
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
A few more things:

1) the weather needs to be updated! it's not 40 degrees in Boston through June!

2) in the same vein as the above, get rid of the automatic long sleeves when it's cold. make those optional.

3) there are way too many times when a ball is hit just foul and the fielder reaches over and catches it. this happens WAY TOO OFTEN, when in real life, it's a much rarer occurrence.
Please! I hate seeing that.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #744
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballin23
That would be amazing
It would be....but DEFINITELY not happening, if ever, until next gen.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »