Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #721
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJ4Life629
I feel like MLB 12 was very similar to MLB 11, which is okay, but MLB 13 The Show is going to need to make some additions in my opinion.

I realize it's like beating a dead horse at this point lol but commentary needs to be fixed/changed. ESPN or MLB Network integration would be absolutely ideal but I realize this wouldn't be easy to do. Bottom line for me is just no more Vasgersian/Campbell/Karros. I think ESPN or MLB Network would really do a good job in making the experience feel more authentic and real.

Stadium renovations/Create a new stadium/stadium relocation.
This feature should be integrated into Franchise. I realize relocations are rare but it is not uncommon for teams to renovate their stadiums or even build new ones in their current city. Also, we should be able to change teams logos, colors, or uniforms, as the Marlins did in 2011 and the Astros are doing this year.

Weekly "show(s)"/Season Preview
A show reviewing all of the past week's MLB action would be very cool. Something like ESPN's Baseball Tonight would be great. Also there could be another one that discusses trade/transaction rumors/team needs (a la Hot Stove). Preseason could have a short season preview with projected standings, or something like MLBN's 30 Clubs in 30 Days.

A mode similar to Madden Moments or NBA 2k12's The Greatest
I think most fans of the series would enjoy a mode where we could relive the games greatest moments. As a Yankee fan, I'd love to relive moments like Aaron Boone's walk off in the 2003 ALCS, Jeter's 3000th hit, or Roger Maris's pursuit of 61 HRs.

Other miscellaneous requests
-Improve drafting
-Retro teams
-i.e. '01 Mariners, '23 Yankees, '04 Red Sox, '75 Reds, etc.
-Better/less-generic celebrations
-Improved ratings/performance system
-One time I had a rotation of 5 late-30's pitchers with full-overall bars and
an offense with several All-Stars and my team finished sub-.500. Some
would say this is realistic, but I say otherwise. I don't know what the
problem would be behind this sort of problem, but please try to identify it
and fix it.

Thanks
Also in RTTS full minor leagues (A ball included) and interviews/press conferences. Make it feel more like you're actually a pro ball player. A money system like in NBA 2k13 would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #722
Rookie

Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

My biggest complaint with The Show (and I love the game, BTW), is that roster updates cannot be incorporated into the "Season" mode. If you start a season you're stuck with the Opening Day rosters forever unless you manually make all of the trades, which is a real pain and nearly impossible to do.

I just can't understand why this hasn't been addressed by the developers by now.

The other obvious problem--as has been noted many times here--is the commentary. Actually, the play-by-play is not bad at all. It's the color commentary that is stilted and repetitive.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #723
Rookie

muleyman's Arena

OVR: 2

Everything I would need as basically been said , but how about using the DD method of create a team to create a expansion team for franchise and allow us to build them up like All star baseball did very underrated option there.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #724
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentAZ
My biggest complaint with The Show (and I love the game, BTW), is that roster updates cannot be incorporated into the "Season" mode. If you start a season you're stuck with the Opening Day rosters forever unless you manually make all of the trades, which is a real pain and nearly impossible to do.

I just can't understand why this hasn't been addressed by the developers by now.

The other obvious problem--as has been noted many times here--is the commentary. Actually, the play-by-play is not bad at all. It's the color commentary that is stilted and repetitive.
Same here I hate starting a season and not being able to use the latest rosters in my current season

Also I hope MLB 13 The Show will have a "MLB Today" like feature
Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #725
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

For me it just needs to be released..

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #726
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

need a better way to sort out stats, right now we can only go to an individual team or check league leaders which only give some stats, we need to be able to sort out stats for all of the MLB AL NL or by divsiion. that way we can see the league leader for most strike outs OBP etc
Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #727
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
need a better way to sort out stats, right now we can only go to an individual team or check league leaders which only give some stats, we need to be able to sort out stats for all of the MLB AL NL or by divsiion. that way we can see the league leader for most strike outs OBP etc
agree, also add the ability to view the awards that each player has won from year to year. have a awards box somewhere in the player card to see if that player has won anything. mlb 2k has this and i think its incredible. I recently looked at David Ortiz's career awards and he's won a ton. its cool to just look back and reflect. I would also like to see stats for all of the years a player has played not just 2012 on. this should be an easy addition that wouldn't take up much memory etc.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #728
Pro

OVR: 5

1. Better atmosphere and crowd reactions. The crowd needs to rise/swell instead of just bursting out into a loud cheer. I can't stand nailing a line drive to the gap and having the home crowd silent until my guy finally gets to second base standing up, at which point they decide to react. And how about ambient sounds besides just the crowd and announcers? I love playing in Seattle with the trains, and it's been done really well. But this concept should be expanded to other stadiums. Such as Camden Yards, when I go to games there I can regularly hear sirens from within the ballpark (and no this isn't a slight against Baltimore it's just a fact). I think even ASB or some game years ago had great ambient effects like this.

2. Better menu system in franchise mode. Better/deeper career stat tracking. Better stat presentation. More stats presented on overlays during games. MORE STATS.

3. Refine the physics further. Ground balls down the line that just make it inside the bag die about 20 feet into the outfield. I still have yet to see a ground ball down the line make it even close to the corner in the outfield. Line drives obviously are a different story.

4. On this note, even more hit variety. I never see bloop hits. That's the biggest thing missing IMO.

5. This is a nit-pick but I imagine could also be done easily. Have the home crowds represent the team colors better. I play at Camden and the crowd is wearing mainly white shirts. We all saw what the place looked like in the playoffs, it was a sea of orange and black. And it's like that during the regular season too.

Last edited by Drew127; 11-20-2012 at 06:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »