Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #729
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I've been posting the following for a few years now and each year I wish The Show would have it. Basically, I mainly play Franchise mode. I would love for them to add personalities to the mix, similar to the way the NBA2K series has it. In the player edit mode there should be options for personality, such as fiery, mellow, indifferent (think JD Drew), etc. It would be so cool if then this affected animations and gameplay. For example, Papelbon (who would have a fiery personality) blows a game, then he goes back to the dugout, you push a button, and he throws over the water cooler. Or you push it multiple times, and he kicks something or really takes out his aggression. This would also work well in terms of if a batter gets a bad strike call, you could push buttons to respond, based on the player's personality. This would make ejections no longer completely random, as they are now. It would also just add to the overall feeling of control, which to me is the most important thing. I'm sure this could be applied in many areas of the game and in ways I haven't thought of yet.

Also, the one other thing I would love is MANY MORE STATS. I don't want overlays crowding up a screen, but I would love to be able to push a button which would take me to a quick screen and show me, for example, a specific batter's stats versus a specific pitcher. Just more stats in general. I can't think of any offhand (I'm super tired), but the game currently is severely lacking in this area. I want it to be comprehensive. If I'm playing as the Red Sox against the Yankees late in my Franchise and I've already played them a bunch of times, I would like to see the historical stats of the season. For example, in a September game, I want to push a button and see what Ortiz's stats have been so far in the season against CC Sabathia, or how Buchholz has fared against the NY lineup and each specific player.

Lastly, I want more editing functions - more hair and facial hair options, TWO batting stances for switch hitters, and the ability to edit (at the very least) the facial hair and hair of current (non-created) players, since they often change these throughout a season.

Regardless, can't wait for MLB 13 The Show!
Old 11-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #730
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

The sleeves seem too big. If they could fix that I can die happy.

Make players change their hats when they get traded. Either make them all cyber or just put blank hats on them.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #731

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
The sleeves seem too big. If they could fix that I can die happy.

Make players change their hats when they get traded. Either make them all cyber or just put blank hats on them.
Or if possible...blank hats that can change color. So default color would be white hats, but if a player gets traded to Phillies, his hat in the pic changes to red, if he's traded to Jays, his hat changes to blue.

That would be easier than updating the pics with real cap logos and all that, once at least the color is right, it's fine. I'd rather have guys with blank hats, and correct color, than cyberfaces with correct logo.

I hope during exhibition, we can choose the time and month the game starts. So if we chose April at 7pm, the game will be dark early, and temperatures colder. But if we choose 7pm in August, it gets dark later, and temperatures are warmer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #732
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44

I think that the thing that has to be changed the most and is most important to me is the actual commentary in the game. It would also be nice to see the roofs retractable roofs in some of the stadiums be able to actually retract. Another nice feature would be if we could have pregame snapshots of players taking batting practice or coming off of the team bus just like what NBA 2K11 had.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #733
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Or if possible...blank hats that can change color. So default color would be white hats, but if a player gets traded to Phillies, his hat in the pic changes to red, if he's traded to Jays, his hat changes to blue.

That would be easier than updating the pics with real cap logos and all that, once at least the color is right, it's fine. I'd rather have guys with blank hats, and correct color, than cyberfaces with correct logo.

I hope during exhibition, we can choose the time and month the game starts. So if we chose April at 7pm, the game will be dark early, and temperatures colder. But if we choose 7pm in August, it gets dark later, and temperatures are warmer.
That's actually one of the best ideas I've read on here in reference to this hat problem. I'm so fed up with having all these guys from different teams (looks like the all star game) that I wouldn't even care if they lost the hat all together. I just hope that they finally decide to fix it after all these years
Old 11-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #734
Just started!

OVR: 0

I have not looked this page over but will. I defiantly want to read everyone's opinions about my favorite game. I am strictly a "show" guy. The creating a career and playing it is the only feature I use. I know the one thing I would like above anything else. That is a better ability to look at past statistics. I love comparing my seasons. I like how it keeps up my totals and I can see what my career BA is against lefties compared to what I am hitting in 2023. I want to be able to see more stats. Look back and see who was on my 2015 squad. An example would be the first year my team had 5 fifteen game winners, I know in real life the Braves were the last team to do this. Well after the season is over I can't go back and see this in any way. I would like to know if my 2017 team had a better E.R.A than this current rotation. I would like to see what teammates I had during the season I won it all. Basically I am a gaming nut but I still am a stat nut. So many more statistics that could be kept. With the memory available I have never understood why the cutoff point of what stats were saved was chosen. I am still finishing 11,I want to see a career to the end, so possibly 12 has some of this. I find myself so many times wishing I could see if a former team did this or that. I would like the card to say what team the player was on. When the Twins traded Kubel I know what year it was and I like to see before and after. Did any team I was on hit higher than the .301 this team is hitting? I could go on and on but I think the point has been made. The game play is incredible. You always can improve. I sometimes think you make changes just to make changes though. Like how you run etc...How I learned is always going to be how I go back and set it up. I love the circle in my box. Moving up and down and timing my hit with the button. The stick 'improvement" was to me less realistic. I think recognizing the pitch, moving my plate coverage indicator, and timing the swing , is the most realistic comparison to swinging. As long as you leave the old ways I guess new features don't matter one way or the other. I just find some of them silly. Not as bad as Madden has got. I get that you have to add to keep people buying. I am not one of those people. The new players are enough. The new stadiums. Yeah I do see some of the new changes and use them. I just wonder sometimes if the change is better for anyone or just a way for the game to say "an all new improved way to swing". I wonder if this actually makes a difference in sales. Stats stats stats for me. I am going to look everyone's stuff over later. I can't imagine I have an idea that all these gamers have not addressed. I felt this one may be unique to me. I am a fantasy nut so statistics are as much fun as playing to me. I mean I only have one way to see what years we won the series and it is a ridiculous route to have to take to find out something so simple. I'd like to see who won when I didn't. I over killed my point but I did so on purpose. I really hope that someone sees this and realizes it would be a cool addition. I have talked to other owners of the game who agree. I don;t think it is a make or break thing on the sale of the game but it would take it to a whole new level for me.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #735
Pro

OVR: 3

The fans need to catch foul balls. This has been the most glaring omission from this series, surprisingly enough. The amount of detail in this game to seemingly meaningless things but no crowd interaction with the ball, which is a giant part of baseball (they show it in every replay during a real game) is surprising.

I would like to see live weather changes (rain delays in the middle of a game, etc.)

The online needs to be made playable, the lag is too bad to even be able to play the game.

Last edited by takki; 11-23-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #736
Rookie

jdmsi7's Arena

Something similar to maddens connected careers, not the whole mode it self but I would like the ability in road to show to take over any player in the league and play as him if I didn't want to create a player
NHL: Boston Bruins
NCAA: Uconn Huskies and Michigan Wolverines

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »