Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #689
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Obvious issues, seperate sliders for speed and running, right field depth, robo 2nd or ss jumping but one thing that is eating me up is the ability to jump on an inside fastball. It is tough for me to get infront of pitches inside and when I do too many shattered bats or worse yet pushing weak pop ups to the opposite field. Even though I have perfect timing, shoould not consistently be that way. The rest of the strike zones are very accurate.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #690
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
How could we forget "outfield" infield fly rules
Heeeey now, that call was legit. My knee-jerk reaction was to get the rulebook.

On the topic, I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but it is a page from NBA 2K13. I often go in cycles, I'll be really excited and play a bunch of fantasy franchise games, and then I'll miss all of the Cardinal players and want to play with them, but I will want to emulate realism as much as possible, and I'm always disappointed when it doesn't turn out like the season, because it never does.

NBA 2K has an option this year to start franchises from the day of the season it is in real life. So all of the stats from all of the teams would be up to date, and the rosters would be pretty close, if not right on. This would require more in depth stats, (which I think would be a welcome addition) and a closer tying of the game to the internet. It would be fantastic for a late season franchise push, or even a postseason start which is what I would like to be able to do. It would even be cool if you could start the team out after the postseason and jump into contract negotiations, or just start the next season with your team. It would really bridge the gap between the years' games, and, in my humble opinion, keep people interested in the game longer.

- Rick Wise
Old 10-10-2012, 03:14 AM   #691
Rookie

OVR: 0

WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC. And include it in franchise and rtts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #692
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

It's been months since I played MLB 12, so excuse my ignorance if I'm mistaken with my request.

While playing with the new strobing-circle pitching mechanic (on Rookie), I couldn't help but notice there wasn't any difference in the circle between pitches.
I was Verlander and I would have thought his FB or CB would have a slower interval than his other pitches.
But they were about the same speed and I found it hard to find my spots.

In '13, I'd love it if your more dominant pitches had a slower interval to give you a sense of what the pitchers stronger options were.
And if you get roughed up, or are tired, then the interval becomes faster and more erratic.

I still enjoy 2K's analog pitching and if '13 were to add that, I'd be in heaven, but if SCEA sticks with their current setup, then please provide a wider variance of interval time.

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #693
Rookie

sacbillsfan's Arena

OVR: 3

I'd love the option to choose a separate delivery for windup and stretch when editing pitchers along with different batting stances for left/right for switch hitters.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #694
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

I find that pressing LI and RI to move back and forth on the bases (especially 1st base) is very sluggish...perhaps they could move it to the right stick.

Either way, it needs to be improved.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 10-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #695
Banned

OVR: 8

I think one of the biggest things that could improve the game is just working on the atmosphere. Like someone mentioned before, playoffs should feel very different from a regular season game. Fans should be on edge almost every pitch. I'd just really like to feel the difference between playing in front of a sell out crowd. It would make traveling to different stadiums during the season more interesting.

One other thing is just a variety of grounders. It would be nice to see guys getting eaten up by a tough hops, making the throw to a bag take a lot longer. Different throwing animations for each player would be a game changer as well.

The last thing I can think of is the lighting. This isn't to say it's not great as it is, but I think it could look a little more realistic for night games.

The game is so good already, it's hard to think of things they could improve on, but they somehow manage to do it every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #696
Rookie

zerothorn's Arena

OVR: 1

A Trade Finder similar to what the NBA 2K games have for Franchise mode. Its way too hard to find out what a team wants or is will to give up for a certain player without having to go through most of your players. It would also be nice if you could include cash in a trade or pay a certain percentage of a players contract to help a trade go through. And as always just improve the trade logic in general, every franchise I start has Mike Trout traded (mostly to the Red Sox) in year 2 or 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »