Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-04-2012, 12:40 AM   #665
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Let's make it this simple, the new playoff format!

Even though I already know they are going to add it boy oh boy I cannot wait for it. I just finished my second year in my Twins chise and won the wild card. Well the last month instead of battling for my division I just wanted to get in by winning the wild card and knowing I'd have a full series. Well maybe my attitude would have been different had the new playoff system been in because honestly who the hell wants to play in a one game playoff game to actually play in a full series. Intense yes, but you would much rather be guaranteed 3 games than just one. The way it's played out in real life just has me amped for it in The Show.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 01:05 AM   #666
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

For me, the biggest problem was on ground balls down the line....there was an animation where the first and third basement would go into an automatic animation of "missing the ball" before it got to them and 99% of the time the game did not allow for a dive.

If this is corrected, the game is fine for me and any improvements would be great. More accessories, more emotional animations from players, more custom celebrations...all good stuff.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #667
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenglund
More immersion in RTTS. Want to feel like more of the team, that I'm more connected to the other players. Not sure HOW to do that. With that said, RTTS is still the best My Player mode out there. I love how you can tailor it any way you want to your skill or style.

Also, somehow allow my RTTS guy to carry over to next year's game.

More stats. Would love to see a more robust stat system. I'd love to easily find a bunch of players either in the draft, or in the minors, that have high OBP or something (go the Moneyball route). Or to find those power hitters and put together a fierce HR hitting line up.

Other than that, I have a hard time finding other ways to improve the game. I'm not a diehard baseball fan, so I'm sure I'm missing something, but to me, it is the best sports sim available.
I'd love that too, especially carrying over to next years game.

NBA2K has an incredible My Player mode that has lots of interaction.
If The Show could copy a lot of those aspects (fake Twitter accounts, interviews, etc), I'd be all in.
I love Career Modes so I'm hoping The Show 13 has something like that in store.

If I could add 1 more wish, it would be to invite a friend to compete in the same world as your RTTS player.
You don't have to be on the same team either.
Imagine logging in after work to find out your buddy just went 3/5 with a HR and 4 RBI's to take a lead over your stats?
OR, having to play a game against your friend's RTTS pitcher?
Or compete to see who will make it to the major's first?
That would be awesome!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #668
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

I hope MLB 13 The Show adds the "Pitch counter" somehere on screen while in gameplay!

For example I am waatching playoff baseball on TBS and they always have the "Pitch counter" showing on that box that shows where the pitch crosses the plate.

I also would like to see the "3 dots" for outs on the top scorebar also just like on TBS

And in between innings I want the due up batters pictures to have their batting stats for the game like 0 for 2, 2 for 2 , 3 for 3

And when a batter hits a Home Run I want to see a cool looking overlay popup while the batter is rounding the bases or crossing Home Plate. Example " 2 Run Home Run David Ross 15th This Season" and for the playoffs as well " 2 Run Home Run David Ross 1st Of Playoffs" or something like that.

Like how its down on Fox baseball.

Just these 4 little presentation upgrades would make MLB The Show even more like a real TV baseball broadcast!

Last edited by tnixen; 10-05-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #669
Rookie

maizeblue13's Arena

OVR: 8

Make all the players batting stances/pitching motions actually look like the players stance. I'm tired of having some players stances look nothing like real life.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #670
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

I have an idea for a new analog bunting interface.

Currently, it's hard to pull the bat back in a bunt stance because the batter has to come back to his standard hitting stance. In reality, batters stay in their squared-up bunting stance and just pull the bat back.

So, here's my idea: Use one of the trigger buttons to put your batter in a bunting stance and then press the right stick up to push the bat out over the plate and bunt the ball when it comes to the plate. This way, if you don't like the pitch you just don't press the right stick and the batter keeps the bat behind the plate. For a drag bunt, you would just press the trigger button and the right stick up as the ball reaches the plate.

This would also prevent the situation where you inadvertently try to bunt at a slow curveball at the last second (at least, that's a problem I have).
Old 10-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #671
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger
I have an idea for a new analog bunting interface.

Currently, it's hard to pull the bat back in a bunt stance because the batter has to come back to his standard hitting stance. In reality, batters stay in their squared-up bunting stance and just pull the bat back.

So, here's my idea: Use one of the trigger buttons to put your batter in a bunting stance and then press the right stick up to push the bat out over the plate and bunt the ball when it comes to the plate. This way, if you don't like the pitch you just don't press the right stick and the batter keeps the bat behind the plate. For a drag bunt, you would just press the trigger button and the right stick up as the ball reaches the plate.

This would also prevent the situation where you inadvertently try to bunt at a slow curveball at the last second (at least, that's a problem I have).
SCEA definately knows the bunting is currently bad, so I hope they do something about it next year like you suggest.

To me, they just need three things to make the on-the-field gameplay perfect:

1. Better bunting system.

2. Add speed control to the new pulse pitching from this year.

3. Give us more options for baserunners in different circumstances.

Anything else I can think of is really nitpicking such a great sim of the game.

Last edited by liberaluser; 10-06-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #672
MVP

Shibito's Arena

Honestly love the game as is for the most part. I would really like to see some more classical stadiums. Maybe include some great teams of the past as well.

This one is a long shot, but maybe include real umpires with their own traits for calls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »