Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #641
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinMINTwins
Or, some poor saps working for the Astros could see him and they could be his new employer.

As for GM firings, it should only be an option. It always annoyed me when you could be fired from your job without the option of immunity, but some people may want those goals at the beginning of the year to actually mean something. You know; maybe Nolan Ryan's sick of JD eating all of his giant chili dogs and tells him to win a World Series within two years or he's replacing him with Rangers Captain (the mascot). Certainly not the most likely scenario, but you probably get the general premise.
Haha...point taken.
GM firing(USER)-ON/OFF

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #642
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Curtain Calls would be a cool addition.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #643
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Curtain Calls would be a cool addition.
I'm fairly certain there are already curtain calls. They're very rare, though.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #644
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I get why rain delays would be a problem, but rainouts? Just a simple message saying your game was postponed... and a doubleheader in a subsequent day would go a long way in adding excitement to franchise mode. Theres nothing like a doubleheader against a rival, or late in the season, and the extra strain it puts on players just makes things more interesting on the management side.
Totally agree. It's funny because it seems like every single year a double header has a huge impact on a playoff race. I remember back in 09 the Twins and Tigers were dueling for the final two weeks of the season for the division title. The Twins and Tigers had a double header scheduled on the monday of the final week of the season. Sure enough the Twins won both games and needless to say they went to game 163 and the Twins won. It's just an example of how rainouts/double headers can come back later in the season. It just would help make franchise mode that much better. No question there are a lot of moving parts to adding this in, but I have full confidence SCEA could do it.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #645
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofikedavis
I'm fairly certain there are already curtain calls. They're very rare, though.
They are there I had one after a 3 HR game once ( but far and few between )
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #646
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
How often do curtain calls happen in real though...

Not very often, IMO.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #647
Rookie

OVR: 1

1- Just get rid of the sweat on the hats. It looks downright silly on managers and guys on the bench, also on all players when it's 48 degrees outside in the game. Only a small fraction of players sweat through their hats anyway, even on the hottest days of the summer.
2- Open/closed roof option. Seeing fans at Minute Maid Park wearing hats, vests and sweatshirts is not very realistic. I've read that that would be hard to do and take a lot of memory, well, there are probably 5-6 minor league/spring training stadiums that people would gladly sacrifice for 5-6 closed roof versions of stadiums.
3- Cleaned up franchise menu/interface. It just seems very cluttered and isn't pleasant to the eye. In the manage roster section, I'd love to see a number at the top of the screen giving me a count of the players in that screen. For example, if I move on my roster to 'Right Fielders', I'd love the number of players in that specific category to be on the screen/tab. I hate moving players around on my roster and having to scroll and count the players in order to comply with the 25-man and 40-man limits. It would be so nice to tab over to the 'ACTIVE MLB' tab and immediately see that I have 26 guys on there, and know that I have to send one guy down.

These are very nit-picky, which is a testament to how great this game is. Except for the open/closed roof option, the others seem like easy changes to make. I really can't wait for MLB 13. I totally trust the developers and truly believe that they do their best on this game every year. I can't say that for any other sports game.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #648
Rookie

OVR: 4
I would like a mlb franchise/season mode home page similar to 2k where you get headlines from around the league on that screen. You then can select a headline which opens the box score for that game or opens the players card if it's relating to a milestone/injury for example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »