Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #625
Rookie

michaelhalljr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1. Stadium builder- hate playing as the Rays in dark and dingy Trop.
2. Milb deal to get more prospects involved, don't want to wait for Knight to create his awesome rosters or do it myself, yes I'm lazy
3. More classic or old stadiums, not a Tiger fan but like Tiger Stadium, and would like to use Miwaukee County Stadium too, many chilly April nights spent there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #626
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Even though I already absolutely love this game and play it year round there are a few things that could really take it to a whole new level.

1. Improved presentation
Implement ESPN or MLB Network perhaps? I'm not sure how the licensing is for that stuff right now
2. Improved commentary
Maybe introduce new members to the booth to give it a new life, and also more in-depth, continued commentary
3. Overhaul of Franchise complete with coach creation
Franchise feels a bit outdated to me, I really love the daily headline ticker on the main franchise screen in 2k, really makes it that much more immersive. Also, I'd would go crazy over a nightly or weekly recap show like the one in NFL 2k5 or the crappy one in Madden but done to a much better degree. Lastly, I'd love to be able to be a coach like in NCAA Football where you can get fired and have to find a new job in you don't succeed.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #627
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Why are people still asking for different commentary? One of the things about baseball and the presentation of it is that the game is so slow that you have to have a narrative for every at bat. There just isn't that much more to talk about on a video game, especially since the commentary is canned and the number of tracks are limited. Nobody will ever be satisfied with baseball commentary.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #628
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Why are people still asking for different commentary? One of the things about baseball and the presentation of it is that the game is so slow that you have to have a narrative for every at bat. There just isn't that much more to talk about on a video game, especially since the commentary is canned and the number of tracks are limited. Nobody will ever be satisfied with baseball commentary.
I think the main thing is that people just want to hear new voices, but I agree with you that video game commentary will never be on par with the real thing, unless the PS4 (or PS100, who knows how long it would take if it is even possible) is able to synthesize a voice and make it's own commentary in real time. At that point though I would be scared that my playstation would be smart enough to strangle me in the middle of the night lol
Old 09-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #629
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I think the main thing is that people just want to hear new voices, but I agree with you that video game commentary will never be on par with the real thing, unless the PS4 (or PS100, who knows how long it would take if it is even possible) is able to synthesize a voice and make it's own commentary in real time. At that point though I would be scared that my playstation would be smart enough to strangle me in the middle of the night lol

Haha....

HAL

M.K.
Knight165
Old 09-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #630
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Actually, this is exactly part of the problem with the commentary. You DON'T have to have a narrative of every single event in baseball, and part of what makes commentary annoying is when they ramble on about every single thing, often making irrelevant and inaccurate comments about it. If the commentators in The Show simply spoke less, that'd be an improvement in itself.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #631
Pro

OVR: 5
I really think that where the Show succeeds others fail.

The more control and ability to edit/customize/and bring back memories the more people will enjoy it.

The Show truly let's you customize the feel of the game and how you want to play it. If you want to relive your youth you have the ability to use old rosters. If you want to play as a general manager and progress certain players through your system you can do that too. If you want to make yourself and live out your own dream you can do that as well.

I believe if The Show were to allow more options with rosters (import from one year to the next) customizable leagues, old stadiums and the ability to create uniforms or expansion teams nothing would ever be able to touch it.

Other games like Madden 13 for example although fun to play, take more control away from the user each year. In Madden 13 you can't even edit players, little own forget about a "roster vault," heck not even importing draft classes.

What The Show gets is that people do not want to be told what they can and can't do in a game. It's a fantasy/dream/time occupier/escape all rolled into one. Let's face it the reason we play baseball on a tv screen is that most of us at one point or another have been told you are not good enough to play anymore. It's really the only way to still play the game you grew up playing.

This is why The Show succeeds and others fail, they continue to put more control in the users hands and not take it away. Keep it up, I enjoy trying to relive my youth 40 minutes a night after I get home from work for 12 hours and before I have to take out the trash!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #632
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

I love the franchise mode. I play all 162 games for multiple seasons but there are some things I would like to see fixed/changed/added.

1) Tighter budgets for teams, It's too easy to make money and have it available to spend on multiple stadium,coach,scout,player upgrades.

2)Scouting needs a big upgrade. Simply picking guys and having their scouting report unlocked is boring. Maybe having to run players through miny drills, ie. hitting,fielding,pitching etc to unlock more information about them.

2) a. Scouting reports need a big fix. With young players they are always talked poorly about because their ratings are low. They should say something different and perhaps more positive based on their age. Also potential is really the only thing you have to pay attention to if you want to know who to draft or not. It shouldn't be this predictable.

2) b. Young players/ prospects should have more variation to their stats. Also some certain stats should be close to maxed out depending on their age.

3) The addition of rainouts with subsequent double headers would be a nice touch to the game. Then maybe with a team day off you can choose to rest players, maybe run them through extra drills, b.p. etc, to give a short boost in stats for the next game or two.

4) The ability to negotiate contracts mid-season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »