Home

NBA 2K13: How Signature Skills Have Changed the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: How Signature Skills Have Changed the Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13: How Signature Skills Have Changed the Game

Quote:
Sure, the onus should be on the user to master these shooting forms, but if timing is the only factor in consideration, even Ray Allen can cease to be Ray Allen in the hands of certain users and that’s just not fun.
Ray Allen goes 0/8 from three in the NBA Finals. No problem.

Ray Allen misses more than he makes in a video game. OMG BROKEN.

Quote:
The quality of the shot taken and how open/heavily guarded the shot taker is should have also factor into shot success, even moreso than perfecting the release when it comes to elite shooters.
I'm pretty sure both of those factors DO contribute to the success of the shot, in addition to the timing.

Come on.

Quote:
Signature Skills may completely change the way gamers approach fantasy leagues and association. In the past, a gamer might be hesitant to pick up a player like Rajon Rondo as their first-round draft pick. In NBA 2K12 a point guard with poor scoring ability and a high overall rating rendering him virtually untradeable was probably the worst possible selection one could make in the first round of an online league. In 2K12, the impact of an elite point guard could never truly be simulated.
I'm pretty sure in 2K12, a player with a high pass rating would increase his teammates' likelihood of scoring when he passed it to them. And Rondo would NOT be a bad first round pick, because he's fast, a great rebounder for a guard, a great passer, great finisher, and he's an elite point guard defender.

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 09-12-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #42
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18
Nice read.... I was worried that the SS would be "cheesy" when i first heard about em....kinda like Live was.... But I think now it'll be better for the game..... Players will be playing like they REALLY play now.... Gonna be a lot of guys gettin' scraped this year....
Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #43
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRxSKINSx
Nice read.... I was worried that the SS would be "cheesy" when i first heard about em....kinda like Live was.... But I think now it'll be better for the game..... Players will be playing like they REALLY play now.... Gonna be a lot of guys gettin' scraped this year....
Again, false conclusion reached. Signature Skills are the ABILITY to perform in a certain way, not the LIKELIHOOD or TENDENCY to perform in that way.

A select few of the Skills have animations associated with them that will change how the player plays (Chase Down Block for example) but most of them are not going to change how that player plays but instead how well they perform or their teammates perform in a few situations.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #44
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Again, false conclusion reached. Signature Skills are the ABILITY to perform in a certain way, not the LIKELIHOOD or TENDENCY to perform in that way.

A select few of the Skills have animations associated with them that will change how the player plays (Chase Down Block for example) but most of them are not going to change how that player plays but instead how well they perform or their teammates perform in a few situations.
Thanks for setting me straight..... (hits sarcasm button)
Old 09-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #45
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRxSKINSx
Thanks for setting me straight..... (hits sarcasm button)
If you're only playing Online though, sure it will help how players play. [no sarcasm]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #46
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

Quote:
If you're only playing Online though, sure it will help how players play. [no sarcasm]
Yea, I only play online.... Usually OA, when I'm bored I'll play a quick match....and when all else fails.... Teamup... But there's so many quitters there...

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #47
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1
"Exacerbating this issue was the inconsistent shot feedback in practice mode, where “excellent” timing would often still send the ball careening of the rim."

We must be playing different 2k12's. That has never happened to me.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #48
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

I thought with a sig skill, such as a chase down block, it triggers a certain boost (in the right situation) to the players who have that skill? For example, in theory, Dwight Howard COULD chase down block, but he may be too slow to catch up to someone on the break. Derrick Rose COULD be capable, but his block rating isn't high enough to block shots at such a high clip. A player like LeBron would see a slight increase to his speed (and he's already fast) plus a slight increase to his block rating, enabling his ability to chase down.

Of course, I could be wrong.

P.S. Ironically, I believe Derrick Rose actually averaged about as many blocks as LeBron last season, if not, the season before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »