Home

NBA 2K13: How Signature Skills Have Changed the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: How Signature Skills Have Changed the Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #33
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K13: How Signature Skills Have Changed the Game

Can you change Sig Skills?

MIAMI ALL THE WAY

MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI DOLPHINS
MIAMI MARLINS
AND THE U
Old 09-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #34
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Great writeup,

I am excited about Sig Skills. It is a very good way to separate great stars from average players and a great way to show why certain players rated nearly identical can play totally different. They even managed to give role players some needed love because it was no way to feel an impact of the hustle guys, scrappers and charge takers that do stuff that don't show up in box scores. Then to add on top of it they are giving the sig skills a three tiered system I would guess gold, silver, and bronze. So if you are a spot up shooter maybe your perk isn't as great as others.

If they implemented this right this can benefit the sim heads and the casuals across the board. If the CPU knows how to maximize the strengths of the skills then we will get some well deserved strategy in a bball game. If you are a hardcore bball fan you already know how certain players should be used and some of the sig skills they have.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3
I am excited. 2k has put in a lot of good work this year!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #36
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

As long as the opposing CPU team recognizes their own player's signature skills i'll be happy.

It would be disappointing to see the Bulls not utilize Rose as their go-to scorer like in 2K12 when playing offline against the CPU.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Great writeup,

It is a very good way to separate great stars from average players and a great way to show why certain players rated nearly identical can play totally different.
That's not the point of sig skills, the point is to make sure each player (star or not) does well what he does best, not overrating even more the supposedly "stars"

The devs already said one role player could have 3 or 4 skills while a star could have only 1

I love it
Old 09-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #38
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Sig skills is amazing, but one thing I disagree with is limiting it to a max of 5 per player. IMO if a player possesses a particular sig skill then he should have it. Period. Should not be limited. The player you play with should feel as much as possible like the real player. Like with pro evolution soccer, Ronaldo feels like Ronaldo and Messi feels like Messi.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #39
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
That's not the point of sig skills, the point is to make sure each player (star or not) does well what he does best, not overrating even more the supposedly "stars"

The devs already said one role player could have 3 or 4 skills while a star could have only 1

I love it
I didn't say anything about ratings at all. No sig skill is going to overrate a star or elite player. Their individual ratings are going to push them to elite status without the sig skill. The sig skill will just enhance certain specific reasons why they are rated high or perform certain things on the court. Trust me I know what was mentioned already. This sig skill was something I actually thought was needed in this game and I put it in the wishlist thread. What they did was more than what I even asked for though. They already mentioned in 2K12 how you could turn an above average player say like a Rudy Gay and you could turn him into Kobe there was little difference. I still stand by my statement you will be able to tell the difference between the average players the good players and the great players and the role players. They finally gave attributes and value for role players that do things that don't show up in a box score.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #40
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Hopefully the Cpu will run plays for their PG's. When I play against the bulls they barely run plays for Rose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »