Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #577
Pro

OVR: 0
1. Hot/cold zones that change and not just for the current game but during a players career. ex: 8 years in to my rtts and Josh Reddick still has all his zones blue.

2. Hit spray charts that change, right now the all say 33/34/33.

3. Banners that show career histories against pitchers or batters. Real broadcasts show these things every game

4. A more lively and fluid commentary. There is too much dead air. Personal note; listen to an A's or Giants game, I think they have two of the best announcing crews I've heard. I am biased because I am from there but I watch a lot of baseball (MLB.tv) and they are still my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 09-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #578
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0GGERT D0G
I really want more uniform options, anyone uniform made by Majestic should be in the game in my opinion, I understand the teams approve any uniforms. Here are some I would love to see next year

Tigers: 1979 Road
Giants: 1912 Home and 1924 Road, Gigantes
Angels: 1980 Road
Rangers: 1994 Home
Reds: 1991 Road
Astros: 1993 Home
Rays: 1979 "Faux-Back"
A's: 1936 Road
Red Sox: 1912 Home and 1936 Home
Yankees: 1912 Road
Nationals: 1924 Home
Cardinals: 1982 Home and Road
Phillies: 1991 Home
Cubs: 1912 Road
Mets: Los Mets
Brewers: 1982 Road, Cerveceros, Birrai
DBacks: 1997 Purple, iDBacks
To go with this,

Old negro league unis
Old PCL unis ie.
Athletics- Oaks
Giants- Seals
Mariners- Rainers ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020: 52-39
Old 09-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #579
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1. Search for player feature - I don't know how feasible this is for a console, but when trying to trade for talent, I'd like to be able to search for and filter for players based on position, age, skills, etc.

2. Better World Series celebration. What an incredible letdown.

3. Training mode that means something. It really seems to be quite arbitrary right now.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #580
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
There are plenty of A's - in every test franchise that I've ran, I have been able to draft 2-3 A's every year (including the first year) and a few of them have been close to major league ready. Too many A's lead to overblown stats and trades, the league becomes too good and superstars are traded for prospects 1-1. If the potential system is reworked to include A potentials who actually become busts then more A's wouldn't be a problem.

The rest are very good suggestions though and I would also like to see the same things make their way into this game.
I like all of the OP's ideas. The only thing I would say different is instead of more A rated draftees I would make it that more of the top rated draftees be A's and B's.

For example, as the Cubs & the 6th pick I messed around and did the draft 5 times. Each time taking the top player available only to end up with D, C, F, C and D rated picks. To me that is a little unrealistic. If a player is projected to go anyway in the first round they probably are no lower than a B rated prospect.

Even with this I echo what everyone else has already stated, by far the #1 game out there.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #581
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
There are plenty of A's - in every test franchise that I've ran, I have been able to draft 2-3 A's every year (including the first year) and a few of them have been close to major league ready. Too many A's lead to overblown stats and trades, the league becomes too good and superstars are traded for prospects 1-1. If the potential system is reworked to include A potentials who actually become busts then more A's wouldn't be a problem.

The rest are very good suggestions though and I would also like to see the same things make their way into this game.
More A's in the first rounds and less A's in the last rounds. The draft shouldn't be all about who has the best rankings for teams drafting in the top 10ish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 03:50 AM   #582
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Being able to play manager mode online would be amazing. I know some of us, like me, don't have the stick skills and only choosing the manager action would negate any lag in the online code since the user is only deciding strategy.

I could only imagine playing a manager only, online season. It would a great experience.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #583
Rookie

I think the game primarily needs refinement, and I can provide many examples that others already have. All fielders make players above their level of ability, so you really can't appreciate those who are stand outs. Basically all pitchers are dominating above rookie level on the default sliders to all but very serious vets of the game. I think everyone here gets that idea. BTW, Curveballs are INSANELY effective, regardless of the pitchers ratings, but sliders are horribly weak by comparison.

The game needs to be a little bit easier. I'm a lifetime veteran of real and virtual baseball, and have talked it with well known college managers etc. I should be able to handle the game on Hall of Fame without insane slider boosts (hell, I can barely handle it on hall of fame at all).

However, there are a couple of ideas I recommend (I don't even mind if you directly lift them). They primarily have to do with scouting and should be applied for RTTS and Franchise etc. First off, we need to be able to scout pitchers like in the real big leagues. Before you face a starter, there should be some little dossier or file on them. Ya know, they have a tendency of blank fastballs on x 3-1 counts with 2 men on etc etc. Also, an explanation of short ideas to use against em, be more patient, watch for late count hanging curves etc, would be nice.

And since the unique umps are a feature, why are we not getting info on them? We need a mini scouting system on the umps in here. It exists informally in the big leagues, but why not jot a few notes down for us on these virtual umpires?

One more quick thing, why not allow us to create our own batting stances? And it'd also be great if we could decide to move our RTTS hitters up or back in the box, even if we can't make up our own stances!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #584
Rookie

nightowl_80's Arena

I don't have time to go through all 59 pages I am sure people might have thought and typed this.

I would love to see a create your own park mode Where you start out with replacing a team and then you have to create a park and do a fantasy draft to get your team. Then you can get emails from crazy fans telling you that they are going to stop being fans if you don't stop winning games.(For the record I got the crazy fans email from the first page)

I would also like to be able to play the game with the people that actually are playing. Let me make that more clear just like the MLB today mode in 2k series.

I know that creating your own park is far fetch but, I have this really cool staudim idea and I like to do fantasy drafts. Since EA hasn't put out a NBA game in two years they make me buy 2K series and even the NBA 2K has that mode. Since MLB 2k won't be happening and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that both Sony and 2K copy each other ideas with trophies and game modes. I am surpised Sony hasn't done this. I am not knocking Sony as I love the show series more then any baseball series in the past 7 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »