Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #569
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Here are my suggestions, definitely things I'd like to see:

1. Count generation. One pitch at bats were on Earl Weaver baseball. This could revolutionize the way franchise mode is played. This would have to be done with intelligence though. Imagine playing every game in a season, for more than one season. It just is not feasible if a game takes an hour.

2. Deeper stat tracking. The stats are there, all they have to do is log them permanently.

3. Draftee talent. This should be easy to improve. Just make more A's and every now and then have some of them programmed to fast-track to baseball. To get it right though, if may be necessary for a Madden-like approach to draft classes, rather then have them generated. I don't know.

4. Let us work for that hispanic talent. Look at all the hispanics in MLB? Where do they come from? Are they all drafted, or is there another method to get them.

5. Allow us to change teams in franchise.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #570
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

They had one-pitch mode on High Heat, I loved that feature.
Want to follow my Franchises? Join my discord: https://discord.gg/nHbNCWmmGs
Old 09-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #571
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
Here are my suggestions, definitely things I'd like to see:

1. Count generation. One pitch at bats were on Earl Weaver baseball. This could revolutionize the way franchise mode is played. This would have to be done with intelligence though. Imagine playing every game in a season, for more than one season. It just is not feasible if a game takes an hour.

2. Deeper stat tracking. The stats are there, all they have to do is log them permanently.

3. Draftee talent. This should be easy to improve. Just make more A's and every now and then have some of them programmed to fast-track to baseball. To get it right though, if may be necessary for a Madden-like approach to draft classes, rather then have them generated. I don't know.

4. Let us work for that hispanic talent. Look at all the hispanics in MLB? Where do they come from? Are they all drafted, or is there another method to get them.

5. Allow us to change teams in franchise.
There are plenty of A's - in every test franchise that I've ran, I have been able to draft 2-3 A's every year (including the first year) and a few of them have been close to major league ready. Too many A's lead to overblown stats and trades, the league becomes too good and superstars are traded for prospects 1-1. If the potential system is reworked to include A potentials who actually become busts then more A's wouldn't be a problem.

The rest are very good suggestions though and I would also like to see the same things make their way into this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #572
MVP

OVR: 3

Tendencies are a must, more attributes are a plus
Old 09-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #573
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Love this game to death. I don't think there is a more complete sports game on the market. With that said, there is one thing that has always annoyed me about the Show. I didn't see this in the thread after searching through a bunch of pages so hopefully I don't repeat anything. I wish they would allow you to put in a pinch hitter before the guy you are pinch hitting for is actually up. Just like you can "schedule a pitcher," I wish you could schedule a pinch hitter. If there are no outs and the pitcher is up next in a tight ball game and I want to pinch hit, I have to wait for the broadcast team to read the same line about how they are surprised they are leaving the pitcher in and then put the pinch hitter in. It sort of takes the realism out. No big deal though, just my two cents. Ball boys would be kind of cool too, along the first and third base lines and in the dugouts, but whatever, thats just something random to add to the realism. It is completely unnecessary.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #574
Rookie

D0GGERT D0G's Arena

OVR: 4

I really want more uniform options, anyone uniform made by Majestic should be in the game in my opinion, I understand the teams approve any uniforms. Here are some I would love to see next year

Tigers: 1979 Road
Giants: 1912 Home and 1924 Road, Gigantes
Angels: 1980 Road
Rangers: 1994 Home
Reds: 1991 Road
Astros: 1993 Home
Rays: 1979 "Faux-Back"
A's: 1936 Road
Red Sox: 1912 Home and 1936 Home
Yankees: 1912 Road
Nationals: 1924 Home
Cardinals: 1982 Home and Road
Phillies: 1991 Home
Cubs: 1912 Road
Mets: Los Mets
Brewers: 1982 Road, Cerveceros, Birrai
DBacks: 1997 Purple, iDBacks
Old 09-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #575
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
They had one-pitch mode on High Heat, I loved that feature.
1 pitch mode/generated counts would be amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #576
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
More hit by pitches, and less control of the strikezone WITHOUT serving up meatballs always as a byproduct.

Sent from my Android device

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »