Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathrneck34
Like pvarck31 has said legacy issues that will not be resolved this gen should be dropped from discussion. I've been playing this early release almost none stop and while there are some pretty big issues in CCM offline ( im not sure about online I don't play online ) that can be irritating and they are this is still the best Madden to date. And I've been hating on Madden this entire generation because they have given and taken away so much since switching consoles without actually improving anything. Even the new Ncaa has frustrated me to the point I had broken the new controller I had bought prior to picking up my Ncaa copy. But with Madden and like I said previously I have played it non-stop since I downloaded my early release I have not had the urge to even come close to throwing my controller at the ground. I've had very competitive games that I have won and lost and I have seen where I have come up short and deserved to lose, in Ncaa that wasn't the case.
Could it possibly be some sort of issue with the early release? Everyone seems to have a different experience.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #98
Rookie

AGG_JD's Arena

OVR: 16
Apparently my comment wasn't liked by an admin and removed. Great job. Do exactly what EA does when customers are giving feedback they can't handle.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
Could it possibly be some sort of issue with the early release? Everyone seems to have a different experience.
do they really ban people for that
Old 08-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #100
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8
Damn, fantasy drafts were probably my favorite thing to do. I've been thinking ALL SUMMER about how I was going to build this years team. How hard was it to keep in is my questions? *sigh* I'll still get this game it seems awesome.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #101
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG3skins
do they really ban people for that
So after getting banned you created a new user name to ask this question?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #102
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
So after getting banned you created a new user name to ask this question?
Sure did, because I already had a conversation with a mod about what happened and even apologized after to the person I called a name. I did nothing further wrong after. Just looking for an explanation on what I did wrong thats all.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #103
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Wow Dustin Toms must be a die hard long Madden fan. I agree the games improved, but this guy left out all the negatives, and there are a lot! I could sit here and name them all, but there all over OS. I have to wonder if this guy even cares about a complete, polished product. Also if he reads through the threads here.

I think it's kind a sad really that Madden 12, a game that should have been rated a 6 review score at best, can become a 8.5 on OS a year later by becoming playable and just average/good at best. I thought OS had a hard grading scale?

Anyway, these sites have to do what they have to do. I'm a little shocked I guess, just because I thought OS was past all this nonsense. I guess last years game was so bad it couldn't even be covered up by reviewers(although it still managed decent scores).

Another year of watching Madden scores right behind 2k basketball and MLB the show. That is just the most ridiculous and insulting thing IMO. Not so much to fans of the series, we shouldn't really care about opinions, but IMO it is a kick in the face of the devs of those two other amazing games.

When you reviewers review Madden, I just want to say that when the following year comes around, and EA makes fun of their own game, telling us how bad the previous year was and bragging about the new game, that it really makes these reviews look silly. Oh well, what ever.

I'm getting the game if they patch the zoom camera in CCM, but I still have eyes to see what this game is and isn't. A 7.5 (good) at best on a hard grading(I thought) OS scale. Its the best overall NFL football game ever, but compared to what exactly? It must be nice to only need to compare your game to your own game the year before.

I like the game. I'm not trying to bash it. It isn't junk. IMO a 7.5 is a good thing for Madden. It is the best madden this generation. Since when is 7.5 bad? Many 7.5 games have been some of my favorites. A 8.5 is insane if you look at this game for what it is and isn't, and not on how much you enjoy it. Forza 4, NBA 2k, MLB the show, and other legendary games like that are lucky to get better then that score on OS
Well said, brilliant, and way to speak the truth! Not sure who really cares about the truth on here? I pray for a great game every year but am utterly dissapointed, year after year! I guess I just expect too much?? But it does make me laugh when they say this is the best madden yet, because they say it every year, lol. Even if the game was worse then the year b4, they would still say it was the best ever! Its just about making the big bucks, I think they could care less!! Most of the people that write reviews are bias or get incentives for their high score review! Im not a basher either, I just want more from a nfl football video game! I still play madden everyday but its on my ps2, madden 06!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #104
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Thanks!

And I agree, and that's sort of my point. A byproduct of improving the offline experience is that everyone benefits -- especially if that adaptive AI were to extend past just playcalling.

Through my admitted limited perspective, it seems there's more emphasis on eliminating user exploits. That's cool, but how much benefit for the offliner is there in that? Most offliners I assume don't resort to cheap tactics to begin with. I'm not saying the pendulum has to swing back offline likes it's 1993, but there's gotta be more emphasis placed on the offline experience.
I feel you there but that's due to EA/Tiburon not implementing NFL things in "football" context, including the inherent checks and balances. It's kind of like the way big pharma takes only one key ingredient of a natural substance to produce a medication, leaving out all the other stuff that naturally balances that ingredient, leading to all kinds of uncalled for side effects. I don't mind them focusing on offline, in the sense that it means focusing on the fundamental football in Madden because the only thing "online" should mean, is gamers playing the exact same game over an internet connection.

That said, I understand that the devs can't account for every exploit gamers will come together to find. However, that's where User options and customization should come into play for both offline and online gamers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »