Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
I see u haven't been on this site that long, so I'll let that pass. I haven't said anything that is wrong in that respect. Unless u just play Madden and except what they give u. There have been other football games that simulate football alot better than Madden on next-Gen, and that's what we want as a community....simulation and as close as possible.
I apologize for calling you an Idiot. I was out of line. The knitpicking just gets really old. Theres a lot of it on this site right now.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
You guys crack me up when it comes to Madden. The nit picking is insane.

Yet games like the Show and NBA2k have entire portions of the game not working. No problem.

Yet every year those games are the best ever and Madden doesn't compete. Really.

Jut on a competitive level and finding out how good you really are. I'll always give Madden one thing. Online is going to work. 2k and the show. Out the box. Not likely.

If you really got into Madden. Not just looking for the crossing route a slant or a screen pass. There is a deep game of football in there.

But hey. Keep worrying about the halftime show and the announcers.

I came to play football. Not watch a halftime show.

LOL.
Ya who needs a properly working offensive and defensive line? Who needs running animations that don't ice skate around and float? Who needs NBA 2k like presentation when we can have no haltime or post game show(and nobody has a right to care how the game looks or sounds now, right?)?Who cares about the loss of generation old features(custom cam, custom stadium music, custom celebration, working penalties, custom player editing, and more)? Who cares about all the glitches popping up?

Really guys, I just don't see why you are nit picking this game. It's clear this game is superior to NBA 2k basketball who has killed the competition by being so great, and the show who has done the same on PS3.

BlackRome.....are you being real here man? Put aside love/hate feelings of EA. You really believe what you just said?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is OS still doing the in depth reviews that took a couple days to publish? I always enjoyed that deep deep break down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 0

Horrible review. Doesnt mention any of the glitches/bugs/problems in the game. When Josh Looman says that its better to play CCM online because there's no patch that can fix the off-line CCM, you know its far from the greatest Madden of all time.

The best Madden of all-time is Madden NFL 2005 and this is coming from someone who preferred 2K5 at the time. That should tell everyone just how bad this franchise has gotten in the last eight years. I love how for the negatives, that no review has listed "no editing" as a negative when in fact its a huge negative.

8.5? 7, maybe 7.5 tops but thats even pushing it. And as far as NBA and MLB go, they have problems but they dont have the same problems eight years in a row because you know, they actually fix them. EA/Tiburon does not care enough to fix them. Hell, they use us, the consumers as the testers and they STILL dont fix the problems.

In the end, this is just another review that doesnt really review any of the negatives in the game. If so many gamers here are having so many problems with the game, how is it that reviewers miss them? Or do they just ignore them and act as if they dont exist?

Reviewers everywhere really need to start being more impartial and actually break down the game they're reviewing. Sadly, that never happens anywhere.

Last edited by daniel77733; 08-27-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #53
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
I think this review should be a 9 or 9.5 Madden is e xcellent this year, I love the infinity engine and the passing game.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #54
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
You guys crack me up when it comes to Madden. The nit picking is insane.

Yet games like the Show and NBA2k have entire portions of the game not working. No problem.

Yet every year those games are the best ever and Madden doesn't compete. Really.

Jut on a competitive level and finding out how good you really are. I'll always give Madden one thing. Online is going to work. 2k and the show. Out the box. Not likely.

If you really got into Madden. Not just looking for the crossing route a slant or a screen pass. There is a deep game of football in there.

But hey. Keep worrying about the halftime show and the announcers.

I came to play football. Not watch a halftime show.

LOL.
The problem here is that your not truly hearing us. You see a negative response and it upsets you, so you assume we are complaining about little things when the reality is we are complaining about the misrepresentation of the sport. The lack of authenticity.

Now if you feel madden represents the sport accurately. Then hey enjoy brother no one should steal your joy, but the truth is Madden is not accurately representing the sport, and the only ones they are truly fooling is the casual gamer, because a person who truly understands the game knows how off madden is with representing the game of football.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 10
Not a lot of negatives in this review. IMO DB interaction is still unrealistic and the infinity engine is still pretty wonky (unrealistic collisions and momentum on tackles). I think the reviewer left out a lot of the negatives that should be mentioned.

This may be the best Madden to date but I expect more mentioning of the negatives here at OS. This reads like an IGN review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
Why does NBA 2k12 get a pass for there online play being horrible? I would rather be able to play a game with my friends, than enjoy 30 seconds of presentation
I don't think they should get a pass for it, but I still think its the very best game of basketball ever, and extremely authentic, polished, and well done. I also realize reviews are subjective to a point. But i can also step outside the games I prefer and judge a game for what it is/isn't. Also, it's the best basketball game ever with competition. No NBA exclusives, they earned it.

I'd give NBA 2k12 a 9. Online gamers might go 8 or 8.5 or less, who knows?

The thing is NBA 2k12 is a fantastic complete game. very polished. So good of a game that NBA Live is gone. That is not a attack, just explaining how good that game is. EA doesn't even know if it wants to try and touch it. Think about that, it has wiped out competition because of how good it is? How do you sugar coat that? How can I elevate NBA 2k any more then that fact?

To sit here and pretend NBA 2k is in the same boat where madden is at, is crazy IMO.Do you really believe EA would have wiped out the NFL competition this generation if there was no exclusive? Have you played Maddens 06-12? Don't know what else to say, those games were bad man.

Again, not attacking, not trying to hurt feelings. I 100% apologize if I do. I know there are bashers, I like to think I'm someone who tries to be real. When 2k or Madden make a bad call, I will call them out for it. If this Jay Z thing goes wacky for 2k, I'll voice my opinions about it. 2k the last two years has knocked it out of the park overall for me.

Anyway, I'll just move on. Don't want to stir things up. Just give it a thought I guess, and see if any of my words make sense. Thanks for reading through my comments, and again I apologize if I offend. Not my intention.

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-27-2012 at 08:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »