Home

NBA 2K13: Pros and Cons Thus Far

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Pros and Cons Thus Far within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K13: Pros and Cons Thus Far

I see what you're saying. Unfortunately that's how some people react to anything pertaining to 2K. I am sure that we will receive more than enough info over the next month to sufficiently satisfy all questions anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 03:04 AM   #42
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
great read! agree with almost everything.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome

I ioved the introductions in the old 2k. Like 2k1. When the game would start you would see the players being introduced. They need to bring that back. Now when you join the game the announcements have already happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobieo
I agree . I would love to have this , I know us the sim players would love it back , but it's the casual players who generally skip over it .
Let the casuals skip it. I mean 2K said the little things matter presentation needs this to have it a more realistic basketball game. Bring back the pa announcing home and away starting lineups is a big up to the presentation. 2K doesn't have to show this part of presentation every time, they could balance this out with other TNT integration. But having that in will make it simulation play
Old 08-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #44
Rookie

aussieBKR's Arena

OVR: 5
are you taking and getting all your evidence from videos you have seen, or have you actually played the game?
Old 08-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 30
Another con? Too many Gamescon vids. Yeck. I want a current build vid or 4 so I can more accurately judge but, the biggest con is no demo yet
I'm excited as hell about this game. Can't wait to check out the new controls. Tired of replaying Live 10 as prep. Lol...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 4

The only time we see pregame intros now days is in the NBA Finals. Back in the day they would show pregame intros during regular season national broadcast also. They don't do this anymore even locally.

I wouldn't mind having it in the game, but only show it during the finals.

In 2k10 and 2k11 there were several intros and pre-game rituals. ie. players walking in the hall, working out with the shooting coach, the cavs crazy pre-game routines etc. I like what 2k did in these games. I would like them to add the lay-up line with the announcers talking about the match up in Big Games. Also add something like the players stretching before games.

IMO, 2k has done a good job with the intros. They could improve on the randomness of the intros however. They show the same ones too many times in a row.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
I ioved the introductions in the old 2k. Like 2k1. When the game would start you would see the players being introduced. They need to bring that back. Now when you join the game the announcements have already happened.
Same, I even liked what they did last year. Where they showed the SG/SF together and show their stats, same with the PF/C and then the PG.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #48
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAllDaWay
Quote:

Let the casuals skip it. I mean 2K said the little things matter presentation needs this to have it a more realistic basketball game. Bring back the pa announcing home and away starting lineups is a big up to the presentation. 2K doesn't have to show this part of presentation every time, they could balance this out with other TNT integration. But having that in will make it simulation play
Imagine this in the playoffs, or better yet, all star game!

Skip the Nicki Minaj crap to 3:15.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »