Home

NBA 2K13: Pros and Cons Thus Far

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Pros and Cons Thus Far within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
I really hope they fix rebounding because that has driven me crazy more than anything. Also, I hope they add certain features they removed last year such as editing ages and allowing legends (or whatever they're using) in franchise mode like 2011. Last year lots of legends yet you couldn't use them like 2K11, also drove me insane.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #26
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I miss that too! If you don't want to watch it x thru it. This used to get me and my bro all fired up!!! I'd love to see that come back!
I second that, I used to LOVE seeing the introductions...

Another con is some of the aesthetics, art doesn't look like it was much of a focus. Which is okay I guess, just wish some things would have been tweaked/fixed.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #27
Rookie

TheBrooklynBaller's Arena

OVR: 5
Pros? Cons? Really, we all know that 2K will be amazing in its own part... The most important thing is fixing the online issues. That would make 2K complete... That's my opinion.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K13: Pros and Cons Thus Far

the player accessories are never updated thats a con
Old 08-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
They did, there are manual bounce passes this year.
oh ok...thanks for clearing that up...i must have misunderstood what that dev diary was saying b/c i thought they said that its still AI dependent but it was tweaked to allow for more types of passes in certain situations e.g. passing to the post or on the fast break...

i still dont like that "loft" pass that the players make around the perimeter with one arm...its all in the demo
Old 08-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #30
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WEiRDguy
oh ok...thanks for clearing that up...i must have misunderstood what that dev diary was saying b/c i thought they said that its still AI dependent but it was tweaked to allow for more types of passes in certain situations e.g. passing to the post or on the fast break...

i still dont like that "loft" pass that the players make around the perimeter with one arm...its all in the demo
if you do a typical pass the cpu will choose the best option, but you have the ability now if you choice to use a bounce pass on command.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #31
Rookie

texasgmr's Arena

OVR: 19
I wish they did better with the presentation also, but it isn't going to take me away from the game. Just wish they would go for more of a tnt feel or something. BTW, great write-up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
I think this article should be titled pros and cons I found in a old build on NBA 2k13 and have no idea if they have been fixed, as for the dunk contest they said they were still working out how it would work the guitar hero type control was one they were experimenting with, and they claim that it is a lot of fun so I guess this con should be in titled we should wait and see. As for cross overs I believe you can control the speed, in the video they showed Beasley coming down with a down cross in order to sike the defensive player.
Don't be a 2K apologist, for their sake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »